• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Liver.

Fuzzyhead

I went to the drs 2 weeks ago and found out i had food poisoning and also had my bloods done. Part of my Liver function test is raised so i have to get it re tested in 2 weeks. Can having campylobacter cause raised liver enzymes?

Cheesus

Yes it is certainly possible. It's best not to form any conclusions yet though and simply wait for follow-up investigation with your doctor.

Vineyard1

I went to the drs 2 weeks ago and found out i had food poisoning and also had my bloods done. Part of my Liver function test is raised so i have to get it re tested in 2 weeks. Can having campylobacter cause raised liver enzymes?

I had food poisoning last October and was hospitalized for 5 days. My liver enzymes became very elevated and were slow to come down until I started Glutathione injections twice weekly. My ME/CFS Doc said patients have such impaired detoxification pathways that when we have infectious insult the liver needs additional help.