• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Freddd's protocol q. - take m-folate before or after mB12?

Hi,

I just wanted to clarify whether one should take m-folate before or after taking mB12?

On sheclimber's notes, there is a quote there by Freddd saying - "The MB12 has to come before the m-folate to protect your neurology. So swallow the folate and putting the ENZY in your mouth at the same time will work well om both counts."

On ahmo's notes, there is a quote by Freddd saying - "I would start the m-folate 30-60 minutes before putting the B12 under my lip. The presence of m-folate helps to retain the B12 much better."

Which should be taken first (before the other one), on a daily basis?

About how much time should one wait before taking the second item?

Please let me know... thanks!

alicec

Which should be taken first (before the other one), on a daily basis?

Take together has worked for me. It probably doesn't really matter that much and may only be relevant to the first dose of the day anyway when levels of both will be low.

It's a good idea to take methylfolate in several doses through the day so there is always going to be some hanging around.

B12 is cleared more quickly unless you are using a slow release form like B12 oils.