• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

British scientists hopeful for HIV cure - British man may be cured after trial of new therapy

Gemini

Mary

Moderator Resource
Promising news coverage also recently appeared as follows in the US:

HIV 'Cure' Rx for Briton

A 44-year old British man may become the first in the world to be cured of HIV using a pioneering new therapy...which uses a vaccine and the drug Vorinostat, which activates dormant T-cells.

He is the first of 50 people to complete a trial of the ambitious treatment...

This just seems unbelievable, too good to be true almost ... but the whole point seems to be using and stimulating the immune system to fight the infection. In a similar vein, cancer researchers are finally getting away from bombarding people with poison (and destroying their immune systems in the process of trying to kill cancerous cells) and instead are trying to work with the immune system to fight cancer. It's incredibly promising --

Glycon

World's Most Dangerous Hand Puppet
Came expecting the therapy in question to be something "biopsychosocial". Not even joking.

My opinion of the UK scientific community has really plummeted since becoming acquainted with their contributions to the study of ME/CFS...