• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Crashed from seizure causing animated pic

svetoslav80

Yesterday I watched one of these animated pictures which cause seizures (mostly on people with epilepsy), for no more than 3 seconds, and I crashed. Have you experienced this? If you haven't, please don't try it. I was looking at a random profile on facebook and one of the posts was this picture. It had text over it "You can thank me for the seizure later" but I didn't pay attention and clicked on it. It took exactly 3 seconds of watching and I crashed. It was meant to be a joke obviously, but it's a joke for healthy people, which only get a short time headache from these pics. Lesson learned.

Last edited:

Dechi

You got me curious and now I want to see if I would have the same problem too...

lansbergen

They are just fast moving and flashing animations with certain visual patterns that are meant to confuse your brain. Better don't google for them.

I want to test it but the ones I found do nothing to me. Can you give the link please?