• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Have more than eight dental fillings? It could increase the mercury levels in your blood

caledonia

Well it's nice somebody admitted it in a study, but nobody should have any mercury fillings at all. Mercury is the second most toxic substance on the planet.

The data I've heard is the average female can tolerate up to 4 fillings. I had 6.

It also depends on your personal detox capacity and history of other exposures. The idea that 8 is somehow safe for everyone is just ridiculous.

The reason they may appear safe is that it can take decades for problems to show up. Problems can be subtle at first before you get an outright obvious disease. Then people may not know that their problems are even associated with mercury.

antares4141

Well it's nice somebody admitted it in a study, but nobody should have any mercury fillings at all. Mercury is the second most toxic substance on the planet.

The data I've heard is the average female can tolerate up to 4 fillings. I had 6.

It also depends on your personal detox capacity and history of other exposures. The idea that 8 is somehow safe for everyone is just ridiculous.

The reason they may appear safe is that it can take decades for problems to show up. Problems can be subtle at first before you get an outright obvious disease. Then people may not know that their problems are even associated with mercury.

Suppose you had 8 when you were a kid but now your in your mid 30's and your dentist decided they needed to be replaced ALL OF THEM with more mercury of course. That was before I got cfs. How would that work out for somebodies health? My dentist was a d@ck who needed a new set of golf clubs. But I trusted him. Kind of irk's me all that crap that mercury was safe and now they say well uhh maybe not as safe as we thought.

Sometimes I get these soars, you can't see them but you can feel them. Right where my teeth rub up against my tongue. Usually the same teeth and same location on my tongue.

So my question is how do I know I'm not hyper sensitized to the crap the same way I am to mold?

SilverbladeTE

had about 14

one dentist when I was about 8 years old? did some of them without anaesthetic...wouldn't believe me when I said the injection hadn't worked

many of them had ot be redone every few years, as mercury amalgam is a STUPID material to use, as a metal it's expansion/contraction is so different than tooth material it ALWAYS splits your teeth apart in the end, expansion/contraction from hot/cold drinks etc means they get lose and have to be re-made
each cutting for a newer filling makes the hole bigger until the expansion one day destroys the tooth

and yes, mercury is one of the most deadly materials in existence, because it is so terribly reactive
it *NEVER* forms a truly stable alloy like some other metals, it simply can't (least not in any ordinary Earthly environment, as the usual "caveat of odd possible exceptions")
so it always leaches into the environment, it's impossible for it not to
and the compounds it forms are even more poisonous, methyl mercury for example is one of the primary ones it creates and it's hell on wheels nasty
it also gives of mercury vapour when it's hot, like after drink of hot tea, and that vapour is extremely poisonous, too often idiots claiming "elemental mercury isn't dangerous!" ignore that mercury vapour damn well is incredibly dangerous
when that environment is your mouth....
etc

if doctors put mercury amalgam in ANY other place in your body, they'd get struck off the medical register for negligence, possibly even charged for a serious crime.
Somehow though, it's "safe" in your teeth...while it's banned as a deadly poison everywhere else.
Go figure....

Allowing mercury amalgam to be used in the teeth of CHILDREN is one of the many lunacies of "Humans in Groups" which pretty much proves my belief that usually, we suck stupidly in how we allow hierarchies to do criminally stupid things :(

also note the strong possible link between the banning of lead and mercury in/around the environment and resulting reduction in violent crime seen across the Western world
bet you'll see massive rise in serious mental problems in China over next decades form the titanic pollution levels going on over there

the well to do could afford to get GOLD fillings, so they didn't care about this issue.

See also problems from the use of dental amalgams with crematoria and thus mercury pollution from the burning

caledonia

Suppose you had 8 when you were a kid but now your in your mid 30's and your dentist decided they needed to be replaced ALL OF THEM with more mercury of course. That was before I got cfs. How would that work out for somebodies health? My dentist was a d@ck who needed a new set of golf clubs. But I trusted him. Kind of irk's me all that crap that mercury was safe and now they say well uhh maybe not as safe as we thought.

Sometimes I get these soars, you can't see them but you can feel them. Right where my teeth rub up against my tongue. Usually the same teeth and same location on my tongue.

So my question is how do I know I'm not hyper sensitized to the crap the same way I am to mold?

Once mercury goes into your body it doesn't come out easily. It accumulates in the tissues and the brain. Some of it will detox naturally, but the half life is so long you'll be dead before it all comes out by itself. Plus mercury slows your ability to detox, so the more mercury you have, the less you can detox.

So you had mercury vapor from 8 fillings for 20 odd years. Then I assume the 8 were removed unsafely, so a HUGE exposure there. Then 8 new ones put in. If you still have them, you're continuing to accumulate more mercury.

You're not hypersensitized to it - it's the second most toxic substance on earth. You're slowly being poisoned. Or rapidly when the 8 were removed and replaced.

Just saw this on a Cutler board and thought it was a great statement - first, the doctors and dentists put mercury in us, then when we get sick from it, they say it's all in our heads. Very ironic on a couple different levels.

As far as mold - my hypothesis is you're sensitized to mold because you have mercury doing a number on your immune system. Chelating out the mercury should help with the mold.

Note that there are lots of ways to chelate which may make you worse. The only safe way is Andrew Cutler frequent dose chelation. I have personal experience with this. Do your homework before removing fillings and chelating if that's what you decide you want to do.

antares4141

Once mercury goes into your body it doesn't come out easily. It accumulates in the tissues and the brain. Some of it will detox naturally, but the half life is so long you'll be dead before it all comes out by itself. Plus mercury slows your ability to detox, so the more mercury you have, the less you can detox.

So you had mercury vapor from 8 fillings for 20 odd years. Then I assume the 8 were removed unsafely, so a HUGE exposure there. Then 8 new ones put in. If you still have them, you're continuing to accumulate more mercury.

Yup! I've researched the detoxing a little bit. Worried about shady characters trying to take advantage of my desperation. But thanks for the links. I'll look them over carefully and might join that group you suggested.

I can remember when I was about 8 or 9 getting fluoride treatments also. When I think about all the exposures I've had over 57 years it's no wonder I'm sick. People are ignorant to it until it happens to them. Than they keep expecting to wake up from a bad dream but it never happens.

caledonia

Yup! I've researched the detoxing a little bit. Worried about shady characters trying to take advantage of my desperation. But thanks for the links. I'll look them over carefully and might join that group you suggested.

I can remember when I was about 8 or 9 getting fluoride treatments also. When I think about all the exposures I've had over 57 years it's no wonder I'm sick. People are ignorant to it until it happens to them. Than they keep expecting to wake up from a bad dream but it never happens.

Yes, I had a fluoride treatment too around that age. I had forgotten about it actually. Another neurotoxin, which also negatively impacts the Kreb's cycle, and thus energy.

SilverbladeTE

That and organophosphates which is what I suspect set my illness into motion. I can only speculate though and fully expect to go to my grave never knowing the truth.

the toxicity of organophosphates and organic mercury compounds are unfrickin' believably potent :/

one fo the issues I've repeated at length is NO ONE really knows the true risks of synergistic effects of poisons,
as usual the idiot and narrow minded "Reductionist" outlook in some parts of Science and Medicine (which has proven to be have been as dumb and stupid as some warned),
plus the complexity and expense needed for proper research,
have prevented true understanding.

Many people have a background like mine:

massive environmental heavy metal pollution from factories

dense housing layout meant kids were always next to roads, and lead wasn't banned form petrol in the UK until 2000, which proves how EVIL the British regime really is, go read up their mealy mouthed garbage excuses for not removing tetraethyl lead form petrol for decades...slimy scumbags!

My Dad was a gardener and used weed killers etc willy-nilly, he poisoned me with one as a toddler!
that was copper sulphate, used to kill moss, reacts with moist tissue to make sulphuric acid
being a toddler I chewed the blue crystals...
and when lived in the country for a bit, no one then realized how damn bad the crop sprays and sheep dips were, until some years later I noticed the Tory politician involved in forcing farmers to dose sheep dip by rote rather than need...ended up with a nice cushy job with the company who made the sheep dip
(organophosphate based sheep dip, which was exposed in Parliament itself as having caused severe, even deadly harm to farmers and others, and the Government covered it up, they knew and they hushed it up)

also note the Gulf War Syndrome issues, because the UK and USA sold and gave Saddam his chemical weapons!

funny how you keep seeing the SAME psychs saying these environmental based poisonings are "all in the victims' heads"...isn't it?

and of course, "mercury amalgam is perfectly safe!" is the mantra of the Establishment
fine, in that case, it should be administered to the ones claiming that, rectally, at the end of jackhammers :woot:

*sings Frankie Goes to Hollywood!*

Relax! Don't do it, when you want to chew it!
Relax, don't use it, mercury is so dumb!
Relax, neurotoxins, filling all your teeth!
Yeah, yeah , yeah!

:p

antares4141

the toxicity of organophosphates and organic mercury compounds are unfrickin' believably potent :/

funny how you keep seeing the SAME psychs saying these environmental based poisonings are "all in the victims' heads"...isn't it?

:p
Funny how really intelligent people can believe really stupid things. Of course that's only until you threaten the blow hards saying these things with the possibility, they might get the same treatment if their silly claims turn out to be false.

What I really find nauseating is the way they pretend to be concerned that people who don't believe them will never get better. And when people push back against their nonsense they play the hurt feelings card as if they didn't deserve any of it.

Calling "us" sociopaths! Now that's projection at it's finest.

SilverbladeTE

Oh I'm not a psychopath, I'm just grumpy and out of patience thanks to this damn illness and th arrogant inhumanity and stupidity of the psychs and others.

I've *known* actual, diagnosed and criminally convicted psychopaths, one of whom was going to kill me except I banjoed him good and hard first.
I was lucky, his later victims weren't. if the authorities had acted instead of covering it up to protect their "reputations", those others may not have had to suffer.

I *care* that's part of why I'm so damn angry
250,000 ME vicitms in the UK, that's like the Hiroshima and Nagasaki bombs instead of exploding being "dirty" or neutron devices leaving the population of a small city sick and horribly maimed for life
I get PISSED OFF at such things, bad enough with the "ordinary" ghastly terrorist atrocities that maim dozens
refusing to treat seriously sick and injured people, for political and personal gain, arrogant bullshit etc, is HEINOUS in the extreme

my experiences in life are that those in power are far too often cowardly backstabbing treacherous useless dangerous malign SCUMBAGS, and worse than the vermin on the streets.
I can't and won't watch "gangster" films/tv, in general, because I've known real ones, and they are HORRIBLE people who do horrible things
gangsters are bad enough, but the scumbags who've had power in parliament, like Cyril Smith, are even *worse*
:/

antares4141

O

I *care* that's part of why I'm so damn angry
250,000 ME vicitms in the UK, that's like the Hiroshima and Nagasaki bombs instead of exploding being "dirty" or neutron devices leaving the population of a small city sick and horribly maimed for life
I get PISSED OFF at such things, bad enough with the "ordinary" ghastly terrorist atrocities that maim dozens
refusing to treat seriously sick and injured people, for political and personal gain, arrogant bullshit etc, is HEINOUS in the extreme
:/

Yes, I figure they are just trying to help these companies obfuscate responsibility so they can use those resources to be competitive. The problem with that in addition to victimizing the victims again is that your doomed to repeat the error that led to making them sick in the first place. When some simple cost effective fix could have prevented that. Like for instance simply not putting dioxin in agent orange. Or removing pcb's before you dump your toxins into river's people depend on for drinking and food.

SilverbladeTE

Yes, I figure they are just trying to help these companies obfuscate responsibility so they can use those resources to be competitive. The problem with that in addition to victimizing the victims again is that your doomed to repeat the error that led to making them sick in the first place. When some simple cost effective fix could have prevented that. Like for instance simply not putting dioxin in agent orange. Or removing pcb's before you dump your toxins into river's people depend on for drinking and food.

*nods in large agreement*
it's never as simple as a single reason/conspiracy/person in these things

With Agent Orange, the US military higher ups *knew* before they used Monsanto's evil brew, that it had 100 times the levels of PCBs that their competitors' herbicides had
so, there's only two ways that they let Monsanto win the contract:

1) Bribery...but knowing it would poison US troops as well as Vietnamese civilians still makes this mass murder
or
2) They knew and WANTED it to kill and maim millions of innocent Vietnamese civilians, which is exactly which it has done since then...and of course not give a damn about US troops who also got poisoned
it was genocide, a Weapon of Mass Destruction and a banned Chemical weapon attack all in one, by stealth

it will probably be a mix of both of these, with varying military officers and politicians etc having mix of reasons
if you consider the criminality, the stupidity, the zealotry of some of those involved back then, any or a mix is perfectly possible

same with M.E.
I think it started in the UK with the "typical" evil cowardly hypocrisy of covering up a problem that got lots of ordinary folks harmed:
manufacturing nerve gas during the Cold War caused accidents that made many workers sick, possibly killed some
they used the D-Notice to crush any attempt to bring this problem to light, all using the excuse of "national security interests" to cover it up
but, not only did it harm those folk, by covering it up, they hid the truth about how dangerous organophosphates are in general

later uses of those ghastly chemicals and problems from them, were also covered up, such as the farmers poisoned by sheep dip etc

and so it spread, it became a literal "Industry" of it's own, with the likes of Wessely etc being used to "spin" problems to make them "go away"
this is PROVEN by the "Legend of Camelford" garbage Wessely wrote
if you read it, and way he laughing compares it to the Braer incident, you should note something especially when compared to many other such things he and his colleagues have come out with over the years:
a snide contempt seems to be a common attitude

and Braer oil spill was vastly different, but still the risk to Human health was much higher than the slimy government/oil lobby crowd would admit

Camelford was direct ingestion of aluminium compounds and other toxins in a densely populated region using one major water supplier

Braer was vapour on a sparsely populated area which was very windy, though Scottish crude is extremely" light" and thus, has much higher vapour risks (see toluene for example), and risks form those are worse than officially recognized, the geography and climate prevented most harm
which is vastly different ot a complete bloody cover up and CRIMINAL refusal to aid in a crisis that let thousands be poisoned who shouldn't have

So either the psychs are monumentally naïve and blinded by their zealotry into not investigating properly and thus being eager to spout their beliefs and given a "soapbox" to do so by the Elite for their own ends,
or they are willing stooges of the Elite to cover up serious problems
can't have it both ways and they cannot be "honest and reliable scientific researchers" as PACE has torpedoed that claim for once and for all

and yes, all these things, which scum or morons in power did to "save money", in the end, cost vastly more in the end because of all the harm they ended up causing, or not being prevented
these gits always feel like any tax money spent is coming from THEIR purses.

alas as I keep pointing out, this is typical Human behaviour
these rats talk about the "issues of psychology"
well then, why not investigate their OWN psychology?
or compare it to the likes of the cover ups and resulting catastrophes at Chernobyl and Fukushima, or many other such events?

it is Standard Operating Procedure for the scum who nearly always end up in power, to use glib bloody minded, compassionless ass-weasels to make "problems go away"
and like the proverbial "Jaws scenario", by refusing to admit a problem is real and deal with it honestly, it leads to much greater tragedy

Mercury amalgams
Organophosphates
Nuclear industry/use of uranium/plutonium rather than thorium because it's ALL about making bombs to keep the Elite in political power, not providing cheap safe electrical power
Oil Coal industry, cars...leading to Global Warming and society glibly ignoring the enormous death toll on the roads (folk freak out about guns, understandably at times, but ignore the carnage cars cause, during late 1960s to mid 1970s it was the equivalent of a Hiroshima bomb going off EVERY year, 100,000 dead, that was the death toll on America's roads, and few people gave a damn about that!)
etc etc
many issues being covered up, ignored, misrepresented, squelched by legitimate but misguided or misused researchers/groups/media, and corrupt ones

:(