• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

did your symptoms initially get worse on AV's?

ebethc

My throat, lungs, and sinuses all feel itchy and inflamed.... I'm hoping this is a sign that the virus is being disrupted. The pollution & pollen levels are not particularly high, so I don't think there's anything else it could be... I've read that EBV lives in epithelial tissue, too, so this seems consistent..

Seven7

Seven
Yes, you can split the pill so you can tolerate better and increase slowly by one quarter (ask your doctor). I had to skip a day do one quarter then do quarter daily and so forth.
I think herxing too bad is contra productive, start low and slow.

Tammy

I have not tried prescription anti-virals but have been on herbal anti-virals for 15 months now and yes my symptoms got worse for a time. I agree with Inester 7 to start low and slow. I had to adjust dosages accordingly if the die off got to be too much. I remember having a sore throat for almost 3 months when I started. I finally turned a corner and have not had any problems as far as symptoms getting worse.............they have gotten much better. It did take some time though.

ebethc

Yes, you can split the pill so you can tolerate better and increase slowly by one quarter (ask your doctor). I had to skip a day do one quarter then do quarter daily and so forth.
I think herxing too bad is contra productive, start low and slow.

Which AV did you take?

ebethc

I have not tried prescription anti-virals but have been on herbal anti-virals for 15 months now and yes my symptoms got worse for a time. I agree with Inester 7 to start low and slow. I had to adjust dosages accordingly if the die off got to be too much. I remember having a sore throat for almost 3 months when I started. I finally turned a corner and have not had any problems as far as symptoms getting worse.............they have gotten much better. It did take some time though.

Which herbal AV's did you take?