• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Simmaron’s Fifth Anniversary Event Updates ME/CFS Community on Dynamic Research Underway

halcyon

Simmaron recently held a patient update session with its Scientific Advisory Board and key collaborators in Incline Village, Nevada. The event celebrated the Simmaron Research Foundation’s fifth year anniversary. I don’t know if anyone would have predicted five years ago that patients would be hearing from the likes of Mady Hornig, Maureen Hanson, Konstance Knox and Elizabeth Unger but here they were in little Incline Village talking about their work.
http://simmaronresearch.com/2016/09...ary-chronic-fatigue-syndrome-research-update/

Cheesus

halcyon

That part was a little confusing. Dr. Peterson appears to be using the atypical moniker differently than it's been used previously, e.g. in the ME ICC where an atypical patient is one that has PEM but not enough of the other required symptoms to qualify for diagnosis. Peterson's atypical patient seems to be those at the extreme severe end or those with gross detectable abnormalities.