• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

analyzing causative agents

cman89

Is anybody aware of value in analyzing how the order of stressors affects disease severity? I know that this would be almost impossible to quantify fully, but I wonder if there would be any value in trying to evaluate, say the difference in severity of someone who had a vaccine first, then fell ill with an infection, vs someone who fell ill, then had a vaccine, etc....

Mij

Hi again, from what I understand is that it is not advised to have vaccines during a viral infection but my doctor didn't know exactly what was happening at the time.

cman89

Hi again, from what I understand is that it is not advised to have vaccines during a viral infection but my doctor didn't know exactly what was happening at the time.
i see. Yeah, there is no way I would have had my vaccine after my recent bout of being sick. Im not that unaware, and I dont trust MDs by default

Mij

I agree. I was due for the 3rd Hep B vaccine and told my doctor to forget it. Thank goodness because I may have been even worse off than I am now.