• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Cortisol Salvia Testing

Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum.

After being for 7 months in a traumatic relationship and spending the last 3 months in recovering from it I still have symptoms related to adrenal fatigue.

Insomina
Butterflies in belly/nervous in the morning -> feel actually good in the evening
Constantly tired/fatigued
Low immune system
Dizzy head
No sexdrive

I have been begging doctors to do a saliva cortisol test but they all denied it. Now I found out that you can buy them yourself on the internet.

Is this a good idea?

I just don't know where to turn, every doctor I just mention 'adrenal fatigue' looks at me like I'm a crazy person and I just get the 'ooh it's all in the head' line.
I do get that it was emotional. That's why I ended the relationship. That's why I'm in therapy. But just ending it doesn't make me healthy again.

I want to get healtyh on a psychological and physiological level.

Ps: I take alot of vitamins, meditate and try to eat as healthy as possible.
I was actually wondering if there is something else I could do.

*GG*

Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum.

Ps: I take alot of vitamins, meditate and try to eat as healthy as possible.
I was actually wondering if there is something else I could do.

Low dose Naltrexone (LDN) quit a few threads on this Forum about the medication. FYI

GG

Welcome to the forum!