• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Alternatives to equilibrant?

tdog333

Equilibrant works really well for me(been taking it 2 years) but over the last 3 months ive been having DAILY migraines. I think ive traced it back to equilibrant.

I think it's the high calcium content in equilibarant ( my blood calcium is already in the higher range on lab tests).

Are there any alternatives to equilibrant? I start to relapse without it, but the daily migraines are horrible.

Thanks all!

halcyon

You could try buying the ingredients separately to avoid the calcium, though dosing is trickier since you don't know how much of each is in the Equilibrant.

I've found rutin and fisetin seem to have an effect as well, though it's hard to say how much since I'm taking them along with a ton of other stuff.

tdog333

@tdog333 - Equilibrant did nothing for me and Dr. Chia also recommended inosine, which did help me some. I don't know how inosine would compare to equilibrant, but you might give it a try --

@Mary Thanks, I will try that, I've never tried inosine. Is there a recommended dosage for people with CFS?

tdog333

You could try buying the ingredients separately to avoid the calcium, though dosing is trickier since you don't know how much of each is in the Equilibrant.

I've found rutin and fisetin seem to have an effect as well, though it's hard to say how much since I'm taking them along with a ton of other stuff.

@halcyon I was thinking about doing something like that. The "proprietary blend" makes things tricky. Is there any estimate as to the amount of oxymatrine in equilibrant?

Mary

Moderator Resource
@Mary Thanks, I will try that, I've never tried inosine. Is there a recommended dosage for people with CFS?

In general I was taking two 500 mg. capsules a day. I arrived at this dose through muscle testing. I can't remember what Dr. Chia recommended, but I think it was around this dose.

Here's an article by Dr. Cheney about how to take immune modulators. He talks about how to take Isoprinosine, which contains inosine (and 2 other things), and why pulsing is important. I'm afraid I didn't pulse as he directs, and I know there's some dispute about pulsing, but I think it's worth looking at (how's that for a non-answer! :rolleyes:)
http://www.anapsid.org/cnd/diagnosis/cheneyis.html