• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Nancy Lee to leave CFSAC (Aug 2016)

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Solve ME/CFS Initiative said:
Nancy Lee Passes CFSAC Torch

Late last week, the director of the Office on Women’s Health, Nancy Lee, announced she would be leaving government service.

Ms. Lee, who served as the designated federal official for the Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Advisory Committee (CFSAC) since 2011, announced she will be transitioning the CFSAC designated federal official position to her successor, Gustavo Seinos, public health advisor at the Office of Women’s Health.

As the director of the Office on Women’s Health, Ms. Lee focused on the Affordable Care Act, women’s preventative services, and violence against women.

From their e-newsletter.

*GG*

No wonder not much has happened, if she focused on this!

"As the director of the Office on Women’s Health, Ms. Lee focused on the Affordable Care Act, women’s preventative services, and violence against women."

GG

JaimeS

How about transitioning the position the hell out of an office which focuses on social disparities in health care, and into an actual Institute which can handle medical research?

It's a good opportunity to make a transition.

Also, we frequently seem to believe that if someone is put in a position of power, they are possessed of absolute power within the realm to which they are appointed... far from the case.

*GG*

It's a good opportunity to make a transition.

Also, we frequently seem to believe that if someone is put in a position of power, they are possessed of absolute power within the realm to which they are appointed... far from the case.

Maybe to many Believe that, I have no notion that Huge bureaucracy are going to give us significant relief!

I have more hope from the Private sector. Lets remove the red tape and hurdles of Bureaucracy! They have held us back, and medicine in many other arenas for to long!

GG

halcyon

Good riddance. Her behavior always rubbed me the wrong way and her heavy handed censoring of the committee's P2P comments was beyond the pale.

How about transitioning the position the hell out of an office which focuses on social disparities in health care, and into an actual Institute which can handle medical research?
It seems like it shouldn't even matter what office provides the DFO. My understanding is that it's largely just an administrative position. The DFO and their office should be totally transparent to the recommendations that pass from the committee on to the assistant secretary of HHS. I don't even see another office under OASH that would be more appropriate. Perhaps we should have our own office as HIV/AIDS does.