• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

A ROBOT - AVATAR : EASIER ACCESS TO EDUCATION AND REDUCTION IN ISOLATION?

Denise

I haven't read this yet. (At first glance it reminds me of the book Lock In. )

Attachments

• upload_2016-8-13_10-6-28.png
    upload_2016-8-13_10-6-28.png
    34.1 KB · Views: 9

frog_in_the_fog

Test Subject
I have seen these robots at convention centers, that is mostly parked at their chargers. Probably only seen one used once somewhere. I think little drones with 3d cameras will be the thing that really "takes off." You would wear your 3D goggles and pilot a drone around and observe.

Denise

I have seen these robots at convention centers, that is mostly parked at their chargers. Probably only seen one used once somewhere. I think little drones with 3d cameras will be the thing that really "takes off." You would wear your 3D goggles and pilot a drone around and observe.

@frog_in_the_fog Would the drone and camera allow one to take part in the meeting? (I am not at all up to date on these things.)
And how would the drone and VR affect someone with vertigo/other issues?

frog_in_the_fog

Test Subject
@Denise I didn't say the drone solution would be any better.

Yes, I must say I can hardly stand those goggles. There is always going to be the issue of lag time, so this will likely be the problem that will be impossible to overcome. With the lag comes the disorientation of the user, so for those who are easily disoriented, 3D is out.

Looking at the world through the screen of a quality tablet isn't entirely bad. Here's a simple clever solution.