• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Yantras

David Jackson

Hi all,

A few quick questions:

Does anyone here know much or anything about Yantras, and their healing abilities?

If yes, have you tried anything with a Yantra, and, again, if yes, did you see any results?

In a similar vein, has anyone seen results using some kind of sacred geometry design or construction?

Any feedback is much appreciated.

Cheers,
David

I would suggest a healthy skepticism while dealing with Yantras.
However, if you are hell bent on using one. You need to ask any Hindu (Indian) acquaintance of yours to point you towards a known astrologer who would guide you to the best yantra according to the ailment.

P.S. I have a skeptic Hindu friend who claims it is a placebo like any other astrological remedy that gives you a result with around 50% probability or low.

David Jackson

Hey, thanks for your replies.

The background is that I needed to cover up a hole in a cupboard door until I can get it fixed. It's hard to hang a picture frame on a cupboard door, so I thought, well, maybe I can tape a picture over the hole, but one that might give me some benefit in some subtle way. The cupboard door is in my bedroom, so I do spend about 12 hours in there per day. I thought I'd ask on this forum if anyone knew anything in the way of sacred geometry or yantras, as the myth is that they have subtle energies and powers towards those ends. In the end I went with a Flower of Life, as I thought you can't go too wrong with that figure...

As for the yantras, it's interesting to hear you guys say that about them. I am a Hare Krishna myself, and know almost nothing about them. I maybe know only a handful of people in the community who even might know something.

That is good advice, @travis101, I think about the astrologer. I know an expert astrologer who has been doing readings for 30+ years. Some time ago, I contacted him, as I was so ill it really felt that my body was going to die. All I gave him was my time, place and date of birth, and he got back to me, telling me exactly when I got sick, when I got worse, worse still, and then when I would improve, improve some more, and then some more after that. He was right each time, even down to the day. And there is no way he could have known that stuff otherwise either, he lives on the other side of the world and knows no one that I do.

I have no opinion, as of yet about astrology. What you told me sounds impressive certainly. If you have benefitted from it, then sure give it a go. Maybe that same astrologer can help you out.

David Jackson

It all depends on the skill of the astrologer. An unskilled one can easily miss important things in your chart, and then give you false readings that will put you off astrology for good.

Medicine and medicinal balms contain healing abilities. Yantras do not.
All I know is, when it comes to me, I would need something more than anecdotal evidence. I've no idea about the astrologer David is talking about but, in general, all I've seen is vague comments that can be compartmentalized easily into any aspect of our life and it leads us to believe those predictions were true.

For example, if I say after 15 September you will have a specific monetary gain. Then any earning within the next 15 days will automatically be connected to the said prediction. Even if its a 1 dollar bet.

Wow, here's a question I didn't expect to find here!

It just so happens that I'm an advanced tantra practictioner (non-sexual variety) and having extensive experience with yantras. So I can answer this more or less definitively.

As Sushi said, they are an advanced technique and should only be used after you've reached a certain point in your studies.

Yantras would not be effective for healing. In fact, improper use of them can literally drive people insane. This mostly happens when you have a noob who starts feeling a little too big for their britches. So it's quite a while into the study before you even learn the yantras exist

Despite the danger, your average layman will experience little or no effect, which is partly why even the most powerful yantras are easily found by googling.

This is an enormous and truly fascinating subject. But no, gazing at a yantra will not heal you. Mostly it will just be some really neat art.

However, if you are interested in art that can heal you could do worse than check out Rothko.

Yeah, the guy who sells giant solid blocks of color and calls it art. That guy.

Rothko believed that if he could create the exact right frequency of color vibrations it could have healing effects. So he would sometimes paint more than eighty layers of color to hit the exact sense he had.

Wether he succeded or not is obviously up for debate, but considering that he's famous during his own life it might be worth investing some curiosity into.

:)

Last edited: