• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Removing mercury amalgams in 1 week (unsafely) . How should I prepare?

I can't afford a biologic doctor removing my amalgams.... i have already removed one with no prep and I have 5 more to go. They will all be removed within a week. My hair analysis showed very low levels of mercury but I read that only shows mercury from fish. Either way, I'm very sensitive to sulfur and I want to get the amalgams out of the way and start healing. I'm currently taking selenium among other things and will order chlorella and have charcoal. What's the best way to prepair for amalgam removal? Megadose of selenium plus chlorella?

Ps: I'm very irritable that's why I think mercury is a culprit.

Attachments

• edgar htma.pdf
    573.6 KB · Views: 9

msf

Umm, don´t, and don´t remove them either. I don´t know how you mean to extract them, but it sounds like it might be quite dangerous. And if you have ME, mercury isn´t the causative factor anyway.

caledonia

I can't afford a biologic doctor removing my amalgams.... i have already removed one with no prep and I have 5 more to go. They will all be removed within a week. My hair analysis showed very low levels of mercury but I read that only shows mercury from fish. Either way, I'm very sensitive to sulfur and I want to get the amalgams out of the way and start healing. I'm currently taking selenium among other things and will order chlorella and have charcoal. What's the best way to prepair for amalgam removal? Megadose of selenium plus chlorella?

My suggestion would be to cancel the appointment until you have gotten the correct information on how to get them removed. It can make you a lot worse to do it the wrong way. You may be able to work with your current dentist to use the right procedures for removal and so save some money.

Start taking vitamin C, vitamin E, magnesium and zinc to help with the one that's already been removed.

a) mercury is a causative factor for ME (and CFS).

b) mercury will often show low on a hair test, when you actually have quite high amounts. The way to see if you have mercury is to see if you have deranged mineral transport on a hair test using Cutler's counting rules.

c) if you are sensitive to sulfur, suspect mercury toxicity

d) irritability is a symptom of mercury toxicity

e) the best information for mercury is from Andrew Hall Cutler - he has written two books, there are several groups and forums who can help you through this the right way. I have links to Cutler's info in my signature link.

f) do not take chlorella - it's not a chelator and will just move the mercury around then dump it back in your body, making you worse.

g) just removing the fillings isn't enough. You must chelate the mercury out with ALA, DMSA, and/or DMPS. There is a specific protocol to follow. The chelators must be taken on a frequent dose schedule within the half life of the chelator or you can get much worse. There are many support supplements which can help with symptoms.

h) for now, you can avoid foods and supplements on the Free Thiol List and take 75mcg of molybdenum to support the SUOX enzyme which detoxifies sulfur. See my signature link.

My suggestion would be to cancel the appointment until you have gotten the correct information on how to get them removed. It can make you a lot worse to do it the wrong way. You may be able to work with your current dentist to use the right procedures for removal and so save some money.

Start taking vitamin C, vitamin E, magnesium and zinc to help with the one that's already been removed.

b) mercury will often show low on a hair test, when you actually have quite high amounts. The way to see if you have mercury is to see if you have deranged mineral transport on a hair test using Cutler's counting rules.

e) the best information for mercury is from Andrew Hall Cutler - he has written two books, there are several groups and forums who can help you through this the right way. I have links to Cutler's info in my signature link.

f) do not take chlorella - it's not a chelator and will just move the mercury around then dump it back in your body, making you worse.

g) just removing the fillings isn't enough. You must chelate the mercury out with ALA, DMSA, and/or DMPS. There is a specific protocol to follow. The chelators must be taken on a frequent dose schedule within the half life of the chelator or you can get much worse. There are many support supplements which can help with symptoms.

h) for now, you can avoid foods and supplements on the Free Thiol List and take 75mcg of molybdenum to support the SUOX enzyme which detoxifies sulfur. See my signature link.

I got my information from learningtarget.com/nosulfites...

I'm not even sure if I have mercury toxicity. I have cbsa60a homo and if you look at my hair analysis you could see my molybdenum levels were non existant. Could this be why I was so sensitive to sulfur/thiols?

I will cancel my appointments because my heart wasn't in it to begin with, I just wanted to do something instead of supplementing and waiting.

Do you think it's wise to try and get my methylation cycle in order and than worry about mercury?

TigerLilea

Save your money and cancel your appointment. Getting your amalgams out is not going to make any difference to your CFS/ME.

caledonia

I got my information from learningtarget.com/nosulfites...

I'm not even sure if I have mercury toxicity. I have cbsa60a homo and if you look at my hair analysis you could see my molybdenum levels were non existant. Could this be why I was so sensitive to sulfur/thiols?

I will cancel my appointments because my heart wasn't in it to begin with, I just wanted to do something instead of supplementing and waiting.

Do you think it's wise to try and get my methylation cycle in order and than worry about mercury?

Low moly levels would contribute to sulfur sensitivity because sulfur is a cofactor for the enzyme/SNP called SUOX which detoxifies sulfur. So if you're not detoxifying sulfur well, your system will be clogged up with it, and adding more causes problems.

You may have trouble tolerating methylation supplements until the sulfur situation gets fixed. I had to do this. I followed the CBS protocol on the Heartfixer page except for I used the Free Thiol List for which foods and supplements to avoid, instead of avoiding everything with sulfur. Much easier and just as effective. It took me about 3 months (a little longer than most people).

Many people doing Cutler's chelation protocol have found it beneficial to have methylation treatment going and it helps them tolerate the protocol better, because methylation treatment helps you detoxify better. Cutler does suggest taking B-50s and such, but his book was written in 1999 which is way before all the methylation info came out from Yasko, Ben Lynch, Heartfixer, Freddd, etc. Nowadays we know a lot more about how to tweak it. He hasn't learned any new info in this area and basically poo poos it. I think this is a mistake.

But fortunately, we don't have to slavishly follow that part of his protocol. (I would however recommend following the frequent dose chelation instructions exactly.)

So, what I would suggest is to get some methylation going before chelation, or just get some methylation going in general and see how far you can get with it. Some people have gotten a lot better just from methylation treatment alone.

However, ultimately, it's best to also chelate the rest of the mercury out of your body and brain.

As far as do you have mercury toxicity - if you have mercury fillings and you're sick enough to be on this forum, you probably have mercury toxicity. But if you would like to test for it to be sure, do a hair toxic and essential elements tests and interpret it with Cutler's counting rules.

I'm not sure if the test you already took is useable or not. The main test being used is the Doctor's Data one. But you can contact the Frequent Dose Chelation Yahoo group and see if they can interpret for you. Otherwise, it's only $85 for the Doctors Data test. The FDC group can interpret it for you for free. See my signature link under the Cutler info for how to do this.

caledonia

In general, mercury is the second most toxic substance in the world. It inhibits the activity of methionine synthase and so blocks the methylation cycle. It causes CBS to express and so causes issues with sulfur and glutathione production. It inhibits the Kreb's energy cycle and so causes fatigue. It damages the mitochondria and so causes fatigue. It also inhibits many other enzymes and processes throughout the body.

Mercury and methylation are like two sides of the same coin. You can either increase methylation or remove mercury or both and see results.

I encourage people to read Cutler's book "Amalgam Illness" and for a little easier read, David Hammond's book "Mercury Poisoning: The Undiagnosed Epidemic". Hammond's case is particularly interesting because he had ME or something very similar.

Johnmac

I edited David Hammond's book about mercury toxicity, & studied the subject for 3 or 4 years, & IMO Caledonia is correct re the above.

Especially the bit about improper removal: you can make things a lot worse. The dentist should follow the IAOMT Protocol.

caledonia

I edited David Hammond's book about mercury toxicity, & studied the subject for 3 or 4 years, & IMO Caledonia is correct re the above.

Especially the bit about improper removal: you can make things a lot worse. The dentist should follow the IAOMT Protocol.

Thanks @Johnmac I'm about a year into researching this, prepping for chelation and so forth. One round under my belt, with round two coming up soon.

Great job on the book editing (I used to do technical writing and editing myself in one of my past lives).

You may have trouble tolerating methylation supplements until the sulfur situation gets fixed. I had to do this. I followed the CBS protocol on the Heartfixer page except for I used the Free Thiol List for which foods and supplements to avoid, instead of avoiding everything with sulfur. Much easier and just as effective. It took me about 3 months (a little longer than most people).

Caledonia, I am on a no thiol diet for over a month now and feeling better (although I don't know if it is the vitamins or the diet). I want to confirm a couple of things. Cbsa360a recommendation by genetic genie and heart fixer is to avoid sulfate. But since sulfite is converted to sulfate in the body I must avoid thiols and sulfites all together right?

As an aside, I currently take milk thistle which you may know has sulfite and jump starts phase 1 detox in the liver which I have trouble with. Genetic genie says I'm a slow coffee/caffeine metabolizer and before my diet and supplementation a cup of coffee would get me wired for 3 hours or more, now it has a slight effect.

What I'm wondering is what is the deciding factor that states I'm "done" with the cbs protocol and can move on? (In regards to the cbs drain Yasko mentions)

Is it taurine? Ammonia? Homocysteine?

I havnt checked any of my levels yet....

caledonia

Caledonia, I am on a no thiol diet for over a month now and feeling better (although I don't know if it is the vitamins or the diet). I want to confirm a couple of things. Cbsa360a recommendation by genetic genie and heart fixer is to avoid sulfate. But since sulfite is converted to sulfate in the body I must avoid thiols and sulfites all together right?

As an aside, I currently take milk thistle which you may know has sulfite and jump starts phase 1 detox in the liver which I have trouble with. Genetic genie says I'm a slow coffee/caffeine metabolizer and before my diet and supplementation a cup of coffee would get me wired for 3 hours or more, now it has a slight effect.

What I'm wondering is what is the deciding factor that states I'm "done" with the cbs protocol and can move on? (In regards to the cbs drain Yasko mentions)

Is it taurine? Ammonia? Homocysteine?

I havnt checked any of my levels yet....

Just using the Free Thiol List is sufficient or at least it was for me.

You can monitor your sulfate levels with urine sulfate strips. I have a link somewhere in my signature links. Your sulfate needs to be below 800. Mine never got to 400, but went to that hard to read in between spot, which you could call 600. That worked for me.

Normally it takes 4-8 weeks. It took me 12 weeks. That's avoiding thiols and doing molybdenum. I was also doing yucca to lower ammonia, but I didn't reduce foods like meat. My ammonia levels were actually ok on the Nutreval test, so I didn't feel like that was a major problem for me, like the sulfate was.

So you can go by both time and the urine sulfate strips. Then try methylation supps and see if you're tolerating them.

Just using the Free Thiol List is sufficient or at least it was for me.

You can monitor your sulfate levels with urine sulfate strips. I have a link somewhere in my signature links. Your sulfate needs to be below 800. Mine never got to 400, but went to that hard to read in between spot, which you could call 600. That worked for me.

Normally it takes 4-8 weeks. It took me 12 weeks. That's avoiding thiols and doing molybdenum. I was also doing yucca to lower ammonia, but I didn't reduce foods like meat. My ammonia levels were actually ok on the Nutreval test, so I didn't feel like that was a major problem for me, like the sulfate was.

So you can go by both time and the urine sulfate strips. Then try methylation supps and see if you're tolerating them.

First of all homocysteine and ammonia levels are properly measured in the blood and not the urine correct?

Second i also have bhmt 8 hetero which is the "backdoor" it suggests I take TMG which if i understand correctly is a methyl donor and may be aiding in my Sam to sah ratio. If I am tolerating a gram of tmg everyday with no setbacks this should mean I am finally able to tolerate methyl donors right?

caledonia

First of all homocysteine and ammonia levels are properly measured in the blood and not the urine correct?

Second i also have bhmt 8 hetero which is the "backdoor" it suggests I take TMG which if i understand correctly is a methyl donor and may be aiding in my Sam to sah ratio. If I am tolerating a gram of tmg everyday with no setbacks this should mean I am finally able to tolerate methyl donors right?

Yes, it looks like those should be done as blood tests. Or at least Heartfixer says that.

If you're tolerating 1g of TMG, which is quite a lot, that sounds like a good sign to me.

I want to incorporate boron as suggested @ heartfixer, what brand do you use as I am finding a lot of them have aspartate versions, which is excitory just like glutamate. Which I feel is a major problem for me ( gaba/glutamate excitoxcity).

How long would one gram of TMG show me I can tolerate methyl donors without a problem?

My next step is jarrow 500 mcg methy b12 and doctors best 400 mcg fully active 5mthf.

I have mtr and mtrr hetero snps which require active b12.

What's my best course to go safely? (Which version of b12)?

I will worry about ornithine and aspartate (is this a necessary evil to neutralize ammonia that I can't avoid?[aspartate]) after I get my blood ammonia levels.....

Does it sound like I got the gist of this whole thing?