• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

ME/CFS Phone Support Group every Saturday!

Horizon

I posted about it a few weeks ago and we have had great chats and wanted to remind people in case anyone's interested in joining tonight or another time.

ME/CFS weekly phone support group Saturdays at 8pm EST.

This is a peer to peer Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ME support group. This call is designed to support one another through the hardships of this illness by listening and sharing experiences. Join us from the comfort of your own bed, with others who understand and want to talk about things like: symptoms, emotions, socializing, research, treatments, diet, and the isolation of this disease.

All are welcome to join this free conference call (U.S. based phone #). Please be respectful of others opinions and journeys. No solicitation for any business or product will be tolerated as this is for social support only.

Participant Instructions
Dial-In Number: (712) 770-4700
Enter your Access Code: 915110 followed by # sign.

If you have any questions feel free to ask. If you can drop a RSVP message that would be helpful to know who may join.

Tom Kindlon

Well done on setting this up.

I have highlighted this in a few places.
This is one response I have just received. I get the impression you won't be able to accommodate them but thought I should ask.

is it possible to use with the video relay services ? i am deaf and an interpreter. the interpreter keeps confidentiality. that's not the issue
the issue is can it be done with the phone system?

Horizon

Thanks very much. I'm not familiar with video relay services but given its all audio I don't see how that could work unless the interpreter is on the call and has a separate video session with them to facilitate communication?

Tom Kindlon

Thanks very much. I'm not familiar with video relay services but given its all audio I don't see how that could work unless the interpreter is on the call and has a separate video session with them to facilitate communication?
Thanks. I will let the person know about your reply.
Just to be clear I live in Ireland so haven't taken part in any of the sessions.

barbc56

There are phone accommodations in the states for the deaf. It may be what the above poster was referring. But just in case.

Last edited: