• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Quick question about weekly dosing of adB12

bigmillz

I'm planning to switch to a weekly dose tomorrow, instead of my daily dosing (which is really inconvenient to cut up a tablet for).

Do you guys who take adB12 weekly take it with your normal daily dose of mB12, or do you not take your mB12 that same day?

Thank you!

bigmillz

I take 40 AdB12 weekkly, half in AM/midday. I skip MB12 those days, and also use less folate.

I tried a big dose (6mg) for the first time today, gave me a bit of a rush. Otherwise went well - the Anabol Naturals one used to make me super depressed at 8mg at once, so I guess building up is making progress for me!

I know weekly dosing of adB12 is commonly accepted, and I've heard it's stored longer in the liver, and not eliminated in a day or so like other B vitamins. Is there any evidence to back this up though?

alicec

I know weekly dosing of adB12 is commonly accepted, and I've heard it's stored longer in the liver, and not eliminated in a day or so like other B vitamins. Is there any evidence to back this up though?

From this review
vitamin B12 is the best stored of all vitamins, with enough stores to last 3–5 years in a normal replete subject

From this review
The intracellular distribution of various forms of Cbl has been well documented and in all tissues 5′-deoxyadenosyl Cbl (AdoCbl) is the predominant form with lesser amounts of hydroxo-Cbl. Methyl Cbl (MeCbl) is a minor component of intracellular Cbl. However, MeCbl is the major form of Cbl in the plasma and it is this form that is disproportionately reduced in Cbl deficiency.