• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

How to treat Low Cd4 and Low NK cell numbers

Silence

I have low cd4 numbers around 300s and also low nk cell number and activity. I was wondering if anyone with these abnormal lab result have ever figured out the cause for it and if so, have successfully treated themselves and found their numbers going back to normal levels. What kinds of treatment options are there to bring these values back to normal?

Daffodil

I have low cd4 numbers around 300s and also low nk cell number and activity. I was wondering if anyone with these abnormal lab result have ever figured out the cause for it and if so, have successfully treated themselves and found their numbers going back to normal levels. What kinds of treatment options are there to bring these values back to normal?
hi silence. i had cd4 in the 300s when i was very sick. they are now normalish at 850 - 900 i think. i was treated for lyme disease (and am still being treated) so i assume that's what helped.

the NK cell function used to be very low too but i have not retested that one cuz its so expensive. i am curious though and hopefully can retest it at some point.

xo

Seven7

Seven
I use LDN + inosine + Immunovir to raise NKs

White mushrooms and ACH I think something like that is shitake + mitaki I think and others white mushrooms I do not do mushrooms because allergy. But you could.

Silence

hi silence. i had cd4 in the 300s when i was very sick. they are now normalish at 850 - 900 i think. i was treated for lyme disease (and am still being treated) so i assume that's what helped.

the NK cell function used to be very low too but i have not retested that one cuz its so expensive. i am curious though and hopefully can retest it at some point.

xo
I dont think i have lyme disease but am not really sure on how thorough my testimg was. Can i ask what sort of treatments did you pursue for your lyme disease. Also with your cd4 being low in the past, did you have trouble with candida?

Silence

Try this:

http://forums.phoenixrising.me/inde...ase-their-natural-killer-cell-activity.41075/

I've seen allot of people suggest Inosine to boost NK cells.

I use LDN + inosine + Immunovir to raise NKs

White mushrooms and ACH I think something like that is shitake + mitaki I think and others white mushrooms I do not do mushrooms because allergy. But you could.

inosine and immunovir, are these prescription medications or can one buy them over the counter? Care to suggest any particular brands if otc? Thanks for the suggestions

Seven7

Seven
inosine and immunovir, are these prescription medications or can one buy them over the counter? Care to suggest any particular brands if otc? Thanks for the suggestions
They are not the same but similar. I have to use both becuSe I tried Imunovir and I cannot do the maximum dose because I get too acidic and cannot tolerate it. So I added inosine to complete the dose (inosine I tolerate better).

LDN and inosine are OTC buy Immunovir needs prescription of you get the prescription from your doctor I can send you the info where to order from.

I am new to ordering inosine and I bought whatever to be honest.

Daffodil

I dont think i have lyme disease but am not really sure on how thorough my testimg was. Can i ask what sort of treatments did you pursue for your lyme disease. Also with your cd4 being low in the past, did you have trouble with candida?
hi silence. I actually don't know but from the few tests I had, I didn't appear to have candida. I am just not sure how accurate the tests were.

I have always had trouble with sebhorreic dermatitis, which is a skin fungus overgrowth. also, I have irritable bowel.

I got CFS after a virus so I was surprised to come up positive for borrelia (lyme). all the tests I had in the USA were negative but a doctor in Belgium found it by the LTT ELISPOT test.

also, I responded to antibiotics which really surprised me. I have been on them several years now and I am followed by a doctor in Belgium. i have been ill 22 yrs
xo