• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

HAPPY 75th BIRTHDAY PROF. RON DAVIS!!! (Sunday) Donate and send a message to him to celebrate!!!

Ben H

OMF Volunteer Correspondent
Hi guys,

This is from Linda (CEO of OMF). Lets celebrate Ron's Birthday and tireless research efforts in figuring this disease out for all of us!

Over to Linda:

This Sunday, July 17, Dr. Ron Davis will celebrate his 75th birthday. Open Medicine Foundation (OMF) is honored to acknowledge his birthday and express how extremely grateful we are for his efforts on behalf of ME/CFS patients.

_ndxyZlIoTmDE78YDSkP4ei2ky2QANAni7xOC4H8ogfKAW1yv2XssdVq5jdaDZPHeKUqTcrYgf42Yiyxzra9wGdB5UxUynGQ2YsC-Xtnl3e8cTtQ-3QUkg=s0-d-e1-ft
As the Director of OMF’s Scientific Advisory Board, Dr. Davis is leading the most expansive exploration in the history of ME/CFS. Dr. Davis has inspired dozens of scientists, medical doctors, and investigators worldwide to join him on the ground floor to find answers to what he describes as “the last major disease that we have little understanding about.” Through his care and love of his son Whitney, Dr. Davis has become the champion for all who live with and understand the challenges of ME/CFS.

We invite you to join us in celebrating Dr. Davis’ birthday. Please make a donation of any amount in his honor TODAY and share your personal “twitter length” message with him. We will be compiling all of the messages we receive via tributes to create a massive card which will be presented to him.

This is your opportunity to join together with the OMF community in demonstrating an outpouring of appreciation for his tireless efforts to finding a treatment and a cure. Please join us in celebrating Dr. Davis’ diamond birthday and DONATE TODAY.

To learn more about Dr. Davis' career, please watch this video (This great video was created by his students, post docs and colleagues for his 70th birthday celebration.)
With sincere appreciation,

Linda
Linda Tannenbaum
CEO/President
Open Medicine Foundation
http://www.openmedicinefoundation.org/
OM7_JYb2Y_zyzWoB_H1dsuS8eqTuMVoWOSBuspbVQNnOSfg5QIn8kJuU8vO_Ex86iUJrwBje7-XzxfHM3Tts9rjS_XCbW2g5yXL-WZAEunl7ci3z90nSi1Y=s0-d-e1-ft

Last edited:

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Great idea! I'm going to donate and send a message! Ron Davis is BRILLIANT! :balloons:

Here's the link - it takes you to a special "birthday donation page":

https://app.etapestry.com/onlineforms/OMF/davisbirthday.html

I'd been thinking lately how great it would be to organise an e-card to thank him but this is a far better idea!

Massive thumbs-up to whoever thought of this. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Ben H

Great idea! I'm going to donate and send a message! Ron Davis is BRILLIANT! :balloons:

@Ben Howell, can I suggest a title change so people know there's an action to take?

How about: Prof. Ron Davis's 75th birthday this Sunday! Send him a message and donate to the End ME/CFS Project to celebrate!

Hi Sasha.

Thankyou!

There is a limit on thread titles so what i had originally planned wont fit, nor will what you have suggested. I will work on it again and see what I can come up with!

Thanks

B

Tom Kindlon

Last edited:

geraldt52

This is really a fantastic opportunity to thank Dr. Davis for what he has been doing...something a lot of us have been wanting to do, if only in some token way. I'm sure he never imagined in years past that at 75 he would be doing what he is doing.

To me, it is more about the number of donations, not the amount of donations. If everyone who can afford it could just manage a small donation imagine how many donations that would be, and what a message it would send to Dr. Davis.

rosie26

Happy Birthday Dr Ron Davis, 75th on the 17th July. :balloons:

Thanks so much for all you have done and are doing . Like others I longed for these days where research increased and we had great researchers on board. I will donate also.

Gingergrrl

Haven't made my donation yet (will be very soon) but want to wish a VERY happy birthday to the brilliant Ron Davis, an amazing scientist, researcher, and father. My greatest prayer is a full recovery for Whitney and us all. Thank you and @Rose49 for all you have done for us.

Jill

Just donated a small amount from down under. I hope Ron and Janet can have a good day on Sunday , I will be thinking about Whitney also . ( my partner also misses these kinds of events) . My thoughts and prayers go out to this wonderful man who obviously has a great mind and big heart xxxxxxx

Ben H

Me too! Every little bit adds up!

Thank you, Ron Davis! You give hope and inspiration to so many. You make a difference in so many lives.

Happy Bday! :balloons:

Happy Birthday Dr Ron Davis, 75th on the 17th July. :balloons:

Thanks so much for all you have done and are doing . Like others I longed for these days where research increased and we had great researchers on board. I will donate also.

Haven't made my donation yet (will be very soon) but want to wish a VERY happy birthday to the brilliant Ron Davis, an amazing scientist, researcher, and father. My greatest prayer is a full recovery for Whitney and us all. Thank you and @Rose49 for all you have done for us.

Just donated a small amount from down under. I hope Ron and Janet can have a good day on Sunday , I will be thinking about Whitney also . ( my partner also misses these kinds of events) . My thoughts and prayers go out to this wonderful man who obviously has a great mind and big heart xxxxxxx

Thankyou all so much! It really makes a difference.

B

Gingergrrl

@Ben Howell I was about to make my donation and re-read the email and realized I am not certain where to make the donations that are ear-marked for Ron Davis's bday. Is it the same as writing a check to OMF or a special address? Can you (or anyone!) confirm?

Ben, Thanks again for all you are doing and haven't had a chance to fully read through the other thread yet.