• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Scary Reaction

belize44

I have been taking LDN, and am up to .7 daily. Yesterday I thought I was taking a Motrin, and instead popped a Percoset in my mouth. By the time I realized my mistake, I was feeling deathly ill. I was nauseous and my blood pressure had risen by thirty points. I spent a very bad night with my heart pounding in my ears, unable to sleep deeply and for long. I called the pharmacy but most pharmacists nowadays just read off a computer screen and don't seem to know anything. (The pharmacy where I got the LDN from was closed.) He seemed to think that I had been taking Percoset all along and had decided to take LDN. I explained that I wasn't on painkillers, that I had mistakenly taken just one, but he wasn't much help. He said that I had gone into instant withdrawal symptoms.

When I got up this morning, I immersed my feet in Epsom salt water, and my blood pressure dropped to normal. When I took my feet out, it climbed again. I have left a call with my Rheumatologist and am trying not to panic. I wish I knew if this was going to stop soon!

belize44

How long did it take for the symptoms to appear?
Within an hour of taking it. I started to feel really weird, than I began to experience severe nausea, followed by a climbing blood pressure rate.

To update: I called my doctor and left a message. She called back and told me that I'd had a reaction between the two medications. All I can do ( and have been doing) is keeping hydrated. I just checked my BP and although it had dropped considerably, it keeps fluctuating.

Undisclosed

Within an hour of taking it. I started to feel really weird, than I began to experience severe nausea, followed by a climbing blood pressure rate.

To update: I called my doctor and left a message. She called back and told me that I'd had a reaction between the two medications. All I can do ( and have been doing) is keeping hydrated. I just checked my BP and although it had dropped considerably, it keeps fluctuating.
I thought a reaction sounded likely.

panckage

Not sure if this related but the one time I took an opiod (tramadol... Or maybe kratom?) a few hours before LDN I became very depressed, thought about suicide, and many other weird things. It felt like a panic attack. I took it as what happens when you take LDN and an opiod at the same time. I've been careful about the timing since then so I haven't been able to confirm the interaction or whether it was just a random occurrence

barbc56

FYI

I have found pharmacists to be a good resource as well as poison control or an emergency room for backup.

Poison Control number. Some states also have a number.

1-800-222-1222

I have done this myself. Some of the pills look alike and it's frustrating. The pharmacies change generic brands depending on price so when this happens, the pill will look different. Fortunately, my pharmacy is good at letting you know if there's a change but I can see how this might be easily overlooked especially if they are busy. The last time this happened there was a label on the bottle that it's a different brand.

Sorry you had to go through this but good to hear you are feeling better.

belize44

Thanks, barbc56! I feel much better today! Luckily that was the last pain pill in that bottle and I have organized the other bottles so that I can see them better.