• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Phoenix Rising makes it to Pubmed!

Invisible Woman

Well... it's hard to know.

Things have moved forward. 20 years ago pwME were told not to contact patient groups. When patients were involved / in contact with other pwME this was considered to be a perpetuating factor in their condition and meant that they were less likely to recover.

My own opinion is that "they" didn't want us talking to each other as the more we learned the less likely we were to believe the psychobabble BS.

This abstract doesn't comment on that (which might be good in itself). Perhaps we've moved on a little?

SilverbladeTE

Things have moved forward. 20 years ago pwME were told not to contact patient groups. When patients were involved / in contact with other pwME this was considered to be a perpetuating factor in their condition and meant that they were less likely to recover.

My own opinion is that "they" didn't want us talking to each other as the more we learned the less likely we were to believe the psychobabble BS.

This abstract doesn't comment on that (which might be good in itself). Perhaps we've moved on a little?

and vicious tyrants don't like resistance movements....

TigerLilea

The belief is that you come to rely on your online friendships in the forum and then there is no incentive for a person to want to get better from their illness. This doesn't just apply to CFS/ME. I've also read this about breast cancer survivors. Absolute nonsense!

*GG*

The belief is that you come to rely on your online friendships in the forum and then there is no incentive for a person to want to get better from their illness. This doesn't just apply to CFS/ME. I've also read this about breast cancer survivors. Absolute nonsense!

Yeah, that's total crap. I have learned of supplements to consider. Heard about Oxygen to help as well. Probably heard of LDN 1st on this site.

I do better than most, and stick around to offer any insight I might have. And to stay abreast of the more recent news and try to help with advocacy!

GG

A.B.

All roads lead to Rome. And all psychosocial narratives lead to patients being portrayed as needing therapists. They secretly dream about controlling the lives of vulnerable patients.