• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Selenium and Sulfide Sensitivity

PeterPositive

The most common form found in supplements is seleno-methionine. I am not sure there's many other alternatives besides maybe sodium selenite, that I have seen mentioned rarely.

They should be safe, unless you're totally allergic to sulfur in which case methionine does contain sulfur, but I don't think it's possible to avoid it in the diet anyway, unless you stop eating proteins. The amount of methionine (and thus sulfur) in a supplement is usually small.

Gondwanaland

I changed from Se-MET to Se-GLY last year, and am loving it. I get it from a local compounding pharmacy.

Gondwanaland

Selenium Glycine. I think it might be found as Selenium chelate, but usually the "chelate" is a mix of undesired organic salts such as aspartate/glutamate.