• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Chlamedia pneumoniae (Cpn) and Coxsackie

Hi there

After much illness and lots of different testing, I have found out that I have recent and chronic infections to Chlamedia pneumoniae (Cpn) and Coxsackie. I'm relieved to have found something as whatever it is had affected my heart, thyroid, liver, eyes, skin, lymph nodes etc etc. As anyone found improvement with treating these? I have read the Cpn Is a treatable cause of ME/CFS. But I don't know if that's right.

My doctor has agreed to me starting a pulsed antibiotic protocol for the chlamedia pneumoniae. I just wanted to ask if it's important to treat the coxsackie as well? Can anyone suggest treatment for Coxsackie?

At this stage I don't know which is causing the most disability but the highest titres were with pneumoniae

Any help would be really appreciated.

K

@Hip 's CFS Roadmap has some information on this. I'd go for treating the CP! It has been described as a treatable cause of CFS.

-J
Thanks @JaimeS . Wow, I've used that roadmap so much since being ill. I've literally gone through each round and tested and trialled various things. I'm now out of being bed bound to moving around the house a bit. Didn't realise @Hip wrote that. It's brilliant. I'm really hoping that this is a treatable cause of CFS. It would be so good to gain more functionality. I wonder how many people with CFS actually have Cpn?

Hip

I've literally gone through each round and tested and trialled various things.

That's amazing, I did not think anyone would make such in-depth use of the roadmap as you have. Glad it was useful.

@Hip it really has been so important for me. I have, like many of us, become my own doctor, and this was invaluable in my decisions. It's a consise document that every person newly diagnosed should have. I've sent it to many others with ME/CFS who don't know what to do next. Just wish our doctors would help!!

It's taken 3 years but I'm down to the final parts of the puzzle and just hope that I make more improvements.

Thank you xx