• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

The April issue of Science is out... Any one has access?

Kati

Patient in training
We were told through WPI Facebook that Dr Mikovits would answer questions and clarify things in the April Issue of Science. It has been issued but I don't have access.. anyone can take a look and update us please?

I don't know how to get access to science, but I'd just like to thank Dr Mikovits very much for her hard work answering the questions. This will be an important issue for us all.

CBS

We were told through WPI Facebook that Dr Mikovits would answer questions and clarify things in the April Issue of Science. It has been issued but I don't have access.. anyone can take a look and update us please?

Kati,

If I'm not mistaken, Science is published several times a month (4-5). I just checked the index for the April 2 issue and there is nothing there on XMRV or by Dr. Mikovits..

Just one more part of the "flurry of garbage this will bring" / "story"

DOH! Detail! More patience...

"The Whittemore Peterson Institute has recently answered questions for Science magazine. Look for Dr. Mikovits answers in next months print edition to research questions regarding the October publication in Science." (WPI Facebook March 20)

While investigating this, I dragged a few pages around my screen in Firefox and got the following error, which IMO is very considerate of the developers:

"Oops. Something went wrong. We're working on getting this fixed as soon as we can. You may be able to try again." (Facebook error, April 2)

I was unable to move on without clicking "Okay", but that job only took a second to do. Trivial, in the scheme of things.

Perhaps - in a perfect world - the Facebook post would have read:
"The Whittemore Peterson Institute recently answered questions for Science magazine. Look for Dr. Mikovits' answers to research questions regarding the October publication in Science in one of the April print editions."

or maybe:
"The Whittemore Peterson Institute recently answered questions regarding the October publication for Science magazine. Dr. Mikovits' answers will be published in one of the April print editions."

Yup, agree with CBS. Nothing I could see on free online index.

Me Neither. Subscribers Only.

CBS

<snip>
Me Neither. Subscribers Only.

Not sure that there is anything different for subscibers. I have acess via my institutional acocunt and even via that route, the cupboard was bare for the April 2 edition.

Hope123

The online index should be the same as print as it serves as a "tease" for people to buy articles or subscribe to Science.

Kati

Patient in training
I wonder if the Q & A would be under a column more than an article on it's own. After all it's more clarification than anything else. That's why I asked.

CBS

I wonder if the Q & A would be under a column more than an article on it's own. After all it's more clarification than anything else. That's why I asked.

I did wander through the a look at the letters, comments, editorials, and other sections. There is a huge amount of content in each edition. Who knew science was so complex? Couldn't find anything.

Kati

Patient in training
Thanks Shane, maybe next week- they say issues come out on Thursdays.

citybug

"The Whittemore Peterson Institute has recently answered questions for Science magazine. Look for Dr. Mikovits answers in next months print edition to research questions regarding the October publication in Science." (WPI Facebook March 20)

It says the print edition, would be different from online editions. Saving the best for print!