• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

StatNews: An alternative to the Hippocratic oath: ‘to not give up on patients’ (CFS)

Good article, and she makes a good point. While there may not be drugs specifically approved to treat our disease, there are drugs approved to treat our symptoms. And much better for a doctor to try than to simply give up because there's no easy answer.

mfairma

Good article, and she makes a good point.

Definitely, though I cringed at this: "Thousands of dollars of tests confirmed that I had lupus, but that my central issue was a chronic fatigue syndrome that autoimmune diseases often kick off."

Justin30

I like the article but there are a few select test from my badic understanding that show lupus.

Lupus symptoms can present exactly like ME or what she cause CFS.

It just makes me question the nature and outbreaks that happened from the 50s on words that described an illness of neurological manifestations cripplimg those that got.

I believe only 1 person in the incline village outbreak ever made it back to work.