• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Gut issues give me energy. Why?

Ninan

I have severe ME/CFS and contracted what probably is a Candida infection in November. It lead to allergies which did that I had to stop my methylation protocol. I should have gone down like a rock.

But: I have energy. Every time my gut gets better I crash. And then, when the immune system falters so that I notice worse symptoms from my gut, herpes shingles and urinaty infection -- I bounce back up. I'm convinced it's because of the infection, I get better when my body fights it.

So, the million dollar question: Why? Is it immune activation that balances the immune system or is it just elevated cortisol from fighting infections? I'm leaning towards cortisol since my adrenals have gotten much worse.

Any ideas? What's more likely?

Christopher

I don't think your gut is getting better...you probably are not feeling inflammation there anymore. I have similar issues. Your immune system is not faltering when it's going after infections it's supposed to be going after.

Ninan

I don't think your gut is getting better...you probably are not feeling inflammation there anymore. I have similar issues. Your immune system is not faltering when it's going after infections it's supposed to be going after.
First it faulters, then it starts working again. Do you get energy from gut issues too?