• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

do high histamine foods cause joint pain?

Seven7

Seven
An allergic reaction to food could, or when my immune system gets into overdrive for me I know when my joints hurt I have to calm my immune system (watch what I ate, drink)... Example: Zync > 10mg will drive me into overdrive then joints hurt, Vit D high will too, Echinacia tea, Mushrooms, Also anything w seeds (strawberries....) that is because of colitis......

ebethc

An allergic reaction to food could, or when my immune system gets into overdrive for me I know when my joints hurt I have to calm my immune system (watch what I ate, drink)... Example: Zync > 10mg will drive me into overdrive then joints hurt, Vit D high will too, Echinacia tea, Mushrooms, Also anything w seeds (strawberries....) that is because of colitis......

I've been taking some medicinal mushrooms (turkey tail, etc.) to try to raise NK cells, so that could also be contributing... Not sure if anything yeast/mold related is good for me, but some things might be worse.

thanks