• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

NEW UK Study website for WPI

V99

This was posted on the WPI facebook discussion board.

A temporary site created for the purpose of facilitating communication between WPI and the UK study participants.

http://www.xmrvweb.me.uk/index.html

Not sure how the WPI is involve in this site. Here is the WPI facebook topic http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=154801179671&topic=12772

The Home page:
This is a temporary site created for the purpose of facilitating communication between WPI and the UK study participants.

If you have questions related to the study, please send us an email with your query. Mail: info @xmrvweb.me.uk

Your questions will be forwarded by the xmrvweb team to Dr. Judy Mikovits on a weekly basis.
Dr. Mikovits’ responses will be published on this website. Our aim is to reduce Dr. Mikovits’ heavy workload, so please do not e-mail her directly unless it is confidential . We would be grateful if you could limit questions to essential ones initially until we get to grips with it!

Thank you for co-operation.

V99

The section on the site called, Dr. Mikovit's Updates, reports the following:

Update No. 1 26th March 2010
UK study: We are scheduling London first. Those draws should take place as early as next week. So if there are individuals in London that emailed BEFORE MARCH 11 that have not been contacted by PSI by next Friday, please send me that info.. More than 225 people emailed almost half home bound. We are planning now how to most efficiently draw the homebound. No One will be excluded from the study. Everyone will get individual results and the testing takes Approximately 3 weeks.

V99

Thanks Adam, but looking for info is the easy job compared to what others on this forum can do.

Unfortunately I missed out on this study, but I am happy to wait.

Diva55

Anyone having trouble with this website? I registered & got the activation email but now I can't log on.

Says it's temporarily unavilable in a menu like section on the right but it's been like that since I registered.

Any tips?

Thanks

willow

Diva, I just tried and it was ok for me.

But i registered yesterday so if you still can't get on perhaps there's temporary trouble with the newest registered??

Countrygirl

Diva, I just tried and it was ok for me.

But I registered yesterday so if you still can't get on perhaps there's temporary trouble with the newest registered??

I've just checked it and it is working for me as well.

I have reported your problem, Diva 55, so please try again and see if it functioning for you now.

Best wishes,

C.G.

blackbird

caged.
Spidey senses tingling on this.

Site looks a bit iffy, couldn't fid that link on the WPI facebook page.
whois says the site is registered to someone.
May be fine, he may be a web guy, but something seems a bit fishy to me.

edit: Just noticed, on the links page, there is only one to the 'Whitemoor' institute !

V99

The posting is still on the discussion board. I do hope it is genuine

blackbird

caged.
why would someone make a fake website?

I don't know, why would someone pretend a disease didn't exist........

I found it on the facebook page.
It just looks very unprofessional, but maybe it is.
Just people trying to help, so may well be totally legitimate.
Sometimes it pays to be cautious though (I may just take that too far sometimes).

fingers2022

I don't know, why would someone pretend a disease didn't exist........

I found it on the facebook page.
It just looks very unprofessional, but maybe it is.
Just people trying to help, so may well be totally legitimate.
Sometimes it pays to be cautious though (I may just take that too far sometimes).

Anyone know Lee Pennington?

It is very unprofessional, I can assure you all......unlike Simon Wesselly (sp?), Esther Crawley, etc.

You all need to decide what you subscribe to.

Meantime, I send you all love and best wishes for Easter.

Steve

fingers2022

PS. My 12 year old son developed the site. If anybody's got a few k, we'll get it done "professionally".

Moral : Don't be fooled by appearances.

JAS

I just want to add that I am working on the site too...we are very grateful to Fingers' son for all his help! Unfortunately we are not professional IT consultants and to be honest pretty impressed that we got this far!!! We are CFS/ME sufferers like you who want to help and make a difference with CFS/ME and to ensure the truth of XMRV is told. We will put something on the 'About Us' page very soon but thought that it was more important to get the site up and running first...can sort out all the other bits later. I hope that this puts your mind at ease. I want this UK Study to succeed, I am XMRV +ve, as you know I am not the only one here in the UK but we do need some more company!!! x