• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

De Meirleir

naoise

I was wondering for those who have seen dr KDM if he always gives dietary advice? I'm waiting on my results from him but wondering if he always says no sugar etc or if it depends on reaults?

Thanks

dadouv47

I was wondering for those who have seen dr KDM if he always gives dietary advice? I'm waiting on my results from him but wondering if he always says no sugar etc or if it depends on reaults?

Thanks

No no, It really depends on your test results. To some he gives some diets (like less sugar but I really don't think that's a majority of the cases, keep cool!) but I think in the most cases he just give advises to avoid the food which you are intolerant (following US biotek results and lactose/fructose intolerance test).

naoise

No no, It really depends on your test results. To some he gives some diets (like less sugar but I really don't think that's a majority of the cases, keep cool!) but I think in the most cases he just give advises to avoid the food which you are intolerant (following US biotek results and lactose/fructose intolerance test).

Thanks...I would prefer if he said no sugar ha! I eat far too much sugar and carbs!

dadouv47

Thanks...I would prefer if he said no sugar ha! I eat far too much sugar and carbs!

It's hard to wait and see the treatment plan but : relax and wait ;)
I can't guaranteed you that he won't give you this diet, but that's clearly not something he recommends like that to most patients.
I think he's pretty wise and not excessive with diets so if he asks you to slow sugars there should be a very good reason.

naoise

It's hard to wait and see the treatment plan but : relax and wait ;)
I can't guaranteed you that he won't give you this diet, but that's clearly not something he recommends like that to most patients.
I think he's pretty wise and not excessive with diets so if he asks you to slow sugars there should be a very good reason.

That's true thank you. I will just wait and see. I wish I could get results tomorrow! I have been reading that no sugar or carbs are best for Lyme but I don't want to start anything incase Meirleir gives me a different diet to follow.

dadouv47

That's true thank you. I will just wait and see. I wish I could get results tomorrow! I have been reading that no sugar or carbs are best for Lyme but I don't want to start anything incase Meirleir gives me a different diet to follow.

I have lyme and didn't receive a low sugar diet recommendation ( same case for others patients I know). I don't think the low sugar diet has anything to do with lyme, but I could be wrong.

naoise

I have lyme and didn't receive a low sugar diet recommendation ( same case for others patients I know). I don't think the low sugar diet has anything to do with lyme, but I could be wrong.

Oh ok. Guess I'll just wait and see what my treatment plan is in a few weeks. Either way I'm excited to see what he puts me on and il do it.