• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

FINE Trial team restore raw data file!

Dolphin

http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0157199

Correction: Therapist Effects and the Impact of Early Therapeutic Alliance on Symptomatic Outcome in Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
  • Lucy P. Goldsmith,
  • Graham Dunn,
  • Richard P. Bentall,
  • Shôn W. Lewis,
  • Alison J. Wearden
logo.plos.95.png

http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0157199

The dataset originally included as S1 Dataset was removed in consideration of possible restrictions for the public availability of the data related to the wording of the original consent form for the trial. Upon consultation with the authors’ university it has been established that the file may be publicly shared as it reports de-identified data. Please view S1 Dataset here.

The Data Availability statement for the article is revised to read: The authors have prepared a dataset that fulfills requirements in terms of anonymity and confidentiality of trial participants, and which contains only those variables which are relevant to the present study. Data are available as Supporting Information.

S1 Dataset. De-identified trial data.[/paste:font]
doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0157199.s001

(DTA)

References
  1. 1. Goldsmith LP, Dunn G, Bentall RP, Lewis SW, Wearden AJ (2015) Therapist Effects and the Impact of Early Therapeutic Alliance on Symptomatic Outcome in Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. PLoS ONE 10(12): e0144623. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0144623. pmid:26657793
  2. 2. Goldsmith LP, Dunn G, Bentall RP, Lewis SW, Wearden AJ (2016) Correction: Therapist Effects and the Impact of Early Therapeutic Alliance on Symptomatic Outcome in Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. PLoS ONE 11(5): e0156120. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0156120. pmid:27191956
Citation: Goldsmith LP, Dunn G, Bentall RP, Lewis SW, Wearden AJ (2016) Correction: Therapist Effects and the Impact of Early Therapeutic Alliance on Symptomatic Outcome in Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. PLoS ONE 11(6): e0157199. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0157199

I wonder what was going on with all this.

This new correction totally screws a lot of the excuses used to try to avoid releasing PACE data. I wonder if it will have any impact on the tribunal decision? Would be odd to have a tribunal now say that PACE's data cannot be released because of concerns about consent from participants or re-identification. But maybe it's too late now? Would be bloody annoying to have a judgement now come out saying how the retraction of FINE data showed open release is outside of what's allowed as a part of a commitment to data sharing!

Hilary

anyone know what's happening with the PACE tribunal decision or heard anything new about when it might be made public? I don't like all this waiting - and it seems to be taking a very long time..........

anyone know what's happening with the PACE tribunal decision or heard anything new about when it might be made public? I don't like all this waiting - and it seems to be taking a very long time..........

I've not heard anything publicly. Don't know if there are things going on behind the scenes or not, but it does seem like it's been an unusually long wait.

Denise

Have others managed to download the dataset? (I have tried but thus far have been unsuccessful though it is likely because I am technologically challenged.)

Edit to clarify - I am trying to download the corrected dataset.
S1 Dataset. De-identified trial data.

(Question posted here as well.)

Bob

I can download it but I can't open it because it is a .dta file format, for which I have no software to open it in.
We have a link somewhere for the original data set that has been converted to a file that will open in Excell.
But I'm not aware of anyone having converted the new data file so it can be opened in Excell.

Denise

@Bob - thank you. I have the original set as a pdf of all things - but cannot remember how I can by it.

A.B.

Somebody posted here (the post appears to have been deleted) that the new and old file were identical in the sense of having the same SHA-1 hash. This cannot be correct because they are not even of the same size. The new file contains more information. I'm currently trying to understand what has changed, and if there is anything suspicious. It is probably just nothing but verifying is better than trusting.

Sam Carter

Somebody posted here (the post appears to have been deleted) that the new and old file were identical in the sense of having the same SHA-1 hash. This cannot be correct because they are not even of the same size. The new file contains more information. I'm currently trying to understand what has changed, and if there is anything suspicious. It is probably just nothing but verifying is better than trusting.

I haven't deleted the post, A.B., but I could have made a mistake when calculating the checksum.

The file I downloaded in December and the one I downloaded yesterday are both 41KB in size.

How large is the file you downloaded?