• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Cheapest Supplements (in Canada)?

Old Bones

When the exchange rate was more favourable, I previously ordered supplements from Vitacost in the U.S. Not anymore!

These days, I regularly order from two on-line Canadian suppliers:

www.nationalnutrition.ca
www.healthyplanetcanada.com/

For most products I use, they offer the best prices. I open both websites when ready to place an order, and compare -- usually splitting the order between the two based on price for individual items. I order enough from each supplier to get free shipping.

For the soil-based probiotic Prescript-Assist, the best price I've found in Canada is at:

www.GoodHealthCanada.com

Mij

One little tip for healthyplanetcanada.ca, register and add items to your cart, don't check out and wait a few days, they'll send you a "cart alert" to remind you to check out- don't check out and wait a few more days . . . then they will send you a 10% discount code to check out. It works for me every time.

Deltrus

Vitacost.com

They are from the U.S. but every two weeks or so they have a buy one get one free offer on their own brand, which includes stuff like magnesium, b12, zinc, and all that. They are already slightly below normal prices, so the BOGO makes it twice as low cost as anywhere else. Shipping costs $9.99 to anywhere in Canada.

Usually they email 10-12% off coupons, or they give them with your order. You can also ask for one and they will probably give you one. Comboing BOGO and the 10% off, they are still more affordable with the bad CAN dollar.

For methylfolate I'm using methyl-life. Vitacost methylfolate doesn't come in high enough doses.

Last edited:

TigerLilea

I also order my Prescript Assist from Good Health Canada. For my other probiotics I have been using Well.ca. All of my other supplements I usually order from Life Extension Foundation in the US, however, until the dollar goes up I won't be ordering any more for a while.

Kati

Patient in training
Cheapest supplements can be found on your plate for breakfast-lunch-dinner. SImple as that. :nerd:

panckage

I use powdercity. It is a USA store but the shipping costs to Canada are reasonable. They mostly only sell powders though so you have to weigh the powders out/make the capsules yourself. It's the cheapest place I've been able to find

TigerLilea

Cheapest supplements can be found on your plate for breakfast-lunch-dinner. SImple as that. :nerd:
Not as simple as that. Not after you've been on antibiotics. I'll be on supplemental probiotics and vitamin supplements for possibly the next four years until my body functioning gets back to normal. :ill: Also, as you get older your body doesn't always use the vitamins and minerals found in foods in the same way it did when it was younger.

TigerLilea

I use powdercity. It is a USA store but the shipping costs to Canada are reasonable. They mostly only sell powders though so you have to weigh the powders out/make the capsules yourself. It's the cheapest place I've been able to find
It's not the shipping cost that is the problem for me, but the value of the Canadian dollar right now.

TigerLilea