• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Views on B12--Greg (B12 oils) view vs Rich Van's view--Thoughts?

Johnmac

@Johnmac That's so good to know about the Ado. I really struggle with it and I know others here find it difficult to take. Did it give you any low cortisol symptoms or feel like it was stressing your adrenals, before you eventually got used to it? I'm trying to work out if it's stressing the adrenals or maybe helping the thyroid so I need to lower thyroid dose. Difficult to make a call on it!

Hi @Athene* . My experience with methyl & adenosyl on the Freddd Protocol was that I had ups & downs - great weeks followed by crashes. I think this was because of trying to juggle too many supplements & dosages; plus the poor & erratic dosages that sublingual affords. I could never get it right - tho something was clearly working at times. Switching to the oils gave me a much smoother ride. My chronic fatigue began to diminish immediately, & on Day 28 it was pretty much gone.

Cognition is coming good much more slowly (as it's meant to), but I do feel my memory & brain are working much better now than they were 3 months ago when I began the oils.

Even on the Fredd Protocol I was able to lower my hydrocortisone dosages from 25mg/day eventually to zero. Tho it wasn't till I switched to the oils that low adrenal symptoms (fatigue was #1) abated entirely.

En route, I don't recall suffering any specific adrenal symptoms from adenosyl. I had palpitations - but that was always low potassium on the FP (I don't take K any more). I remember a few days in there somewhere of heightened startle reflex - but who knows what caused that. Blood sugar was up for a while, but again that could have been numerous things. I still can't stand stress, & avoid it - tho I don't think adenosyl brought that on: it's long-standing.

Temps are a bit low (mid-36s), as they have been on & off for years.

I'm going to keep up the iron & other nutrients - replacing as many supps with food as poss - & will soon resume heavy metal chelation, as I believe mercury is a likely cause of my residual low-adrenal symptoms.

Hope that helps!

garyfritz

@Johnmac, I'm glad to hear Greg's oils have worked so well for you!! They've been a Godsend for me, too. The oil delivery is so much smoother and more effective than sublinguals. Injection might be comparable, but the oils are so much easier.

I tried the FP for a while but I never felt ANYthing from carnitine (LCF or ALcar) so I quit taking the DQ. I still get methyl and adenosyl from the oil -- and adenosyl doesn't seem to rev me up the way it does some people -- but I don't seem to need folate at all. I tried ramping up as high as 10,000mcg/day, and dropped down to zero, and I didn't feel a thing. I haven't taken any folate in months. So apparently I'm producing enough on my own & from diet.

I have some potassium issues too, though nothing serious or scary. You say you're not supplementing now... are you just eating lots of bananas and drinking coconut water? I generally have a banana or an avocado almost every day, but I'm still taking 100mg morning & 200mg at bedtime, and I still often wake at about 4-5am with cramps or similar annoyances. It's not a serious problem but I'd like to get it cleared up better. Maybe I need to ask Greg to whip up an ado/me batch with added potassium. :)

BTW my temps also run low, typically about 36.2 C. I'm tempted to try iodine, since it helped @Athene*'s husband warm up so well. I read years ago that low body temperatures mess up a whole lot of biochemical processes -- chemical reactions are slower at lower temps. I matched almost all of the symptoms they described for my temperature range. I even tried a protocol that included locking myself in a heated room under an electric blanket, and sweltering like that for 8 hours -- that was supposed to help reset your thermostat. Never helped, though, just made my then-wife even more certain that I was crazy. Have you (or anyone else!) ever had luck increasing your body temp to "normal" levels?

Johnmac

@Johnmac, I'm glad to hear Greg's oils have worked so well for you!! They've been a Godsend for me, too. The oil delivery is so much smoother and more effective than sublinguals. Injection might be comparable, but the oils are so much easier.

I tried the FP for a while but I never felt ANYthing from carnitine (LCF or ALcar) so I quit taking the DQ. I still get methyl and adenosyl from the oil -- and adenosyl doesn't seem to rev me up the way it does some people -- but I don't seem to need folate at all. I tried ramping up as high as 10,000mcg/day, and dropped down to zero, and I didn't feel a thing. I haven't taken any folate in months. So apparently I'm producing enough on my own & from diet.

I have some potassium issues too, though nothing serious or scary. You say you're not supplementing now... are you just eating lots of bananas and drinking coconut water? I generally have a banana or an avocado almost every day, but I'm still taking 100mg morning & 200mg at bedtime, and I still often wake at about 4-5am with cramps or similar annoyances. It's not a serious problem but I'd like to get it cleared up better. Maybe I need to ask Greg to whip up an ado/me batch with added potassium. :)

BTW my temps also run low, typically about 36.2 C. I'm tempted to try iodine, since it helped @Athene*'s husband warm up so well. I read years ago that low body temperatures mess up a whole lot of biochemical processes -- chemical reactions are slower at lower temps. I matched almost all of the symptoms they described for my temperature range. I even tried a protocol that included locking myself in a heated room under an electric blanket, and sweltering like that for 8 hours -- that was supposed to help reset your thermostat. Never helped, though, just made my then-wife even more certain that I was crazy. Have you (or anyone else!) ever had luck increasing your body temp to "normal" levels?

Hi Gary,

I tend to think temps will improve as I get healthier generally, & exercise more especially. Now past what felt a bit like an NDE, I have just switched back to mostly paleo, & am starting to exercise again (& will increase that gradually). So I'm not too worried right now. I have brought them up in the past with hydrocortisone and/or thyroid hormone, T3. Quite a few people raise them with HM chelation, which allows the endocrine to work better. And indeed mine are higher than they were pre-chelation.

I stopped iodine because I was trying too many things at once, but may get back to it: its body-warming effects are very pleasing. (I didn't actually measure temps.)

Yes, thanks for getting me going on the oils: they are not only more effectual than other methods, but easier - an impressive double.

I eat a banana a day, but that's it. (No $1.25 coconuts here back in Australia.) Tho K comes in veges. I have the odd small cramp, & no palps.

I don't take folate regularly now either. I eat greens instead. Haven't noticed a downside as yet. And like you, no carnitine. Apparently I'm making my own. Don't miss that, as it was nothing but trouble.

All the best!

Athene*

Hi @Athene* . My experience with methyl & adenosyl on the Freddd Protocol was that I had ups & downs - great weeks followed by crashes. I think this was because of trying to juggle too many supplements & dosages; plus the poor & erratic dosages that sublingual affords. I could never get it right - tho something was clearly working at times. Switching to the oils gave me a much smoother ride. My chronic fatigue began to diminish immediately, & on Day 28 it was pretty much gone.

Cognition is coming good much more slowly (as it's meant to), but I do feel my memory & brain are working much better now than they were 3 months ago when I began the oils.

Even on the Fredd Protocol I was able to lower my hydrocortisone dosages from 25mg/day eventually to zero. Tho it wasn't till I switched to the oils that low adrenal symptoms (fatigue was #1) abated entirely.

En route, I don't recall suffering any specific adrenal symptoms from adenosyl. I had palpitations - but that was always low potassium on the FP (I don't take K any more). I remember a few days in there somewhere of heightened startle reflex - but who knows what caused that. Blood sugar was up for a while, but again that could have been numerous things. I still can't stand stress, & avoid it - tho I don't think adenosyl brought that on: it's long-standing.

Temps are a bit low (mid-36s), as they have been on & off for years.

I'm going to keep up the iron & other nutrients - replacing as many supps with food as poss - & will soon resume heavy metal chelation, as I believe mercury is a likely cause of my residual low-adrenal symptoms.

Hope that helps!
Thanks for this @Johnmac Great to hear the oils are working so well. I'm hoping I'll have the same story soon. I'm thinking now that my adrenals might be a bit stressed because I'm on too much thyroid hormone. Maybe, like you, I need less thyroid hormone now...
Did you come off hydrocortisone gradually?

Athene*

@Johnmac and @Athene*, our “schedules” seem very similar. I crashed Sat & Sun pretty badly, but I’m still getting used to low/no HC. Started the adeno yesterday and was able to do things. It was remarkable. You know that feeling of I just can’t do it, nope, won’t? It lifted and things came easily. I hadn’t had that feeling in years.

This is just 3 weeks into the mb12 oil, 2 days with the adeno (1 squirt), about a week at higher at B2 amounts (1-200+), a few days @ two 5-mthf per day, and low to no hc. I went back up on iodine, (at about 9.4 mgs). I think everything slowed down at the lower dose. Now, I’ll prepare for the insomnia and (increasing) hypothyroid symptoms. Temps have been a struggle this whole time. Hoping chelation helps. Can’t get above 96.3 and still dropping into the 95s. Dropping the 5-mthf from 20mg to 2 went fine. I do have some soreness, but it’s not significant.

Yes, Athene, commenting on what you said a few conversations up, I am somewhat aggressive at this point. The dental took longer than I anticipated. I was ready to chelate 3 years ago. I thought I would be like one of those people that gets them removed in one day, ha. :) No, no, no. I also thought the methylation would be just a side bar. Big surprise. This is the best effect I’ve had in 5 years. But I am heading into chelation so abiding cutler will be the name of the game. I won’t play around with that. I am currently taking selenium and molybdenum, as well, thank you for the tip Johnmac. Athene, I definitely feel the adeno on the adrenals. I could not stay long in the FIR sauna. This is always a sign for me. I will let you know how it goes this week.
Good to hear things are going in the right direction for you @dogged_days Do keep us updated on your progress! Fascinating to hear how you've ditched the 5MTHF so quickly :) And very interesting to hear about your experience with Adocbl/adrenals. Glad I'm not the only one! Though, like you, I want to keep taking it for the eventual benefits...

Johnmac

Thanks for this @Johnmac Great to hear the oils are working so well. I'm hoping I'll have the same story soon. I'm thinking now that my adrenals might be a bit stressed because I'm on too much thyroid hormone. Maybe, like you, I need less thyroid hormone now...
Did you come off hydrocortisone gradually?

Yes, I came down from 25mg/day to 20, to 10, to 5, to 0.

I still suspect I could be supplementing with a sniff of T3 or HC, but am determined to fix any residual endocrine problems naturally.

SJB944

Yes, I came down from 25mg/day to 20, to 10, to 5, to 0.

I still suspect I could be supplementing with a sniff of T3 or HC, but am determined to fix any residual endocrine problems naturally.
Do you think the b12oil itself had an impact on lowering need for folate?

Johnmac

Sorry, I don't know. I changed from high B12, folate & potassium + some carnitine & cofactors to high B12 + B2 + a bit of selenium, vitamin C & iodine. I don't know whether B2 is the only key.

Kathevans

Just a quick update here, @Athene* and @Johnmac . My reaction to higher doses of B2--as high as 80 but usually 50-60 caused a lot of potassium dumping at night. For me, this means heart pounding, and while it generally resolves within 5-10 minutes, it's disturbing and not conducive to a peaceful night's sleep. Not to mention all the adrenaline was causing severe insomnia.

Greg said I shouldn't need such high doses of B2 and that this showed deficiencies in the mineral area--iodine, selenium, or molybdenum. I'm eating those Brazil Nuts, but additional 33mcg of selenium earlier this week did its usual thing of one night great sleep, one night of insomnia, so I'd rather not go that way,

He said drop back on the B2 to 1-2 mg/ day (Whoah!), drop back on the B12 and just work on minerals for a month. To that end I did take a drop of molybdenum yesterday.

I may be back to the slow and steady approach. My naturopath,whom I really like, has suggestions for working with my adrenals. Of course, my folate deficiency symptoms are haunting me--all the facial tightening and headaches, so it's hard to stay away from it. I'm here to confirm that once you take a supplement that your body sorely needs, when you stop it, the symptoms are definitely worse.

I came across an old Oat Test from 2010, one I'm sure I never looked at closely, if at all, and low and behold, it noted problems with folate metabolism, and recommended 1200mcg of folate per day, as well as supplementation with B2. This was before all the horrible symptoms began.

Just call me sadder but wiser...

I am waiting for the Adenosyl/methyl combo form Greg and he says just to go with a drop a day to keep things going. (Has anyone tried to save the oil they scraped off in a dark bottle...probably a stupid idea!) I'm just thinking about it all. And my high Mercury...

Last edited:

Kathevans

In the spirit of full disclosure, the new naturopath I like so much gave me a bitters drink to improve my digestion. When my husband asked what else was new this week after I'd cut back on the B2 (and interestingly, even at 80mg of B2 a week ago, I only needed 4 doses of potassium during the day, the last at about 9:30 in the evening), I mentioned the bitters. A quick google of bitters and potassium and I found this in the first: " Another possible side effect is a depletion of your potassium levels, leading to high blood pressure."

Well, it just confuses the issue.

Kathevans

And while I'm at it, I don't think this article on the relationship between selenium and mercury has been posted for a while. It bears looking at, particularly for those of us who have toxic levels of mercury.

Attachments

• Selenium-Mercury.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 22

Johnmac

Just a quick update here, @Athene* and @Johnmac . My reaction to higher doses of B2--as high as 80 but usually 50-60 caused a lot of potassium dumping at night. For me, this means heart pounding, and while it generally resolves within 5-10 minutes, it's disturbing and not conducive to a peaceful night's sleep. Not to mention all the adrenaline was causing severe insomnia.

Greg said I shouldn't need such high doses of B2 and that this showed deficiencies in the mineral area--iodine, selenium, or molybdenum. I'm eating those Brazil Nuts, but additional 33mcg of selenium earlier this week did its usual thing of one night great sleep, one night of insomnia, so I'd rather not go that way,

He said drop back on the B2 to 1-2 mg/ day (Whoah!), drop back on the B12 and just work on minerals for a month. To that end I did take a drop of molybdenum yesterday.

I may be back to the slow and steady approach. My naturopath,whom I really like, has suggestions for working with my adrenals. Of course, my folate deficiency symptoms are haunting me--all the facial tightening and headaches, so it's hard to stay away from it. I'm here to confirm that once you take a supplement that your body sorely needs, when you stop it, the symptoms are definitely worse.

I came across an old Oat Test from 2010, one I'm sure I never looked at closely, if at all, and low and behold, it noted problems with folate metabolism, and recommended 1200mcg of folate per day, as well as supplementation with B2. This was before all the horrible symptoms began.

Just call me sadder but wiser...

I am waiting for the Adenosyl/methyl combo form Greg and he says just to go with a drop a day to keep things going. (Has anyone tried to save the oil they scraped off in a dark bottle...probably a stupid idea!) I'm just thinking about it all. And my high Mercury...

Sounds like you have a bit going on there Kath. I wish I knew enough to suggest something.

What makes you believe you re mercury-toxic? The Cutler people believe the hair test - properly interpreted (as most of them aren't) is the proper diagnosis; plus perhaps for a trial of alpha lipoic acid to see if there's a reaction.

I've never tried saving the oil as the amount in the squirt seems roughly right for me. Unless Greg has a suggestion... Surprisingly, the oil is fairly impervious to light because of its density - which might give you a bit of time to muck around transferring it to some kind of container.

Last edited:

SJB944

Sorry, I don't know. I changed from high B12, folate & potassium + some carnitine & cofactors to high B12 + B2 + a bit of selenium, vitamin C & iodine. I don't know whether B2 is the only key.

Thanks @Johnmac
Had you tried increasing b2 while on Fred's protocol, if so did it have any impact?

Johnmac

Thanks @Johnmac
Had you tried increasing b2 while on Fred's protocol, if so did it have any impact?

From my diary on Feb 2: "Since upping the B2 these last 2 days I think the effectiveness of the DQs is increased a lot. Today I was on the ball all day - no slow patches."

So I guess that's a yes.

I did have slumps thereafter, but never went as low as pre-B2. And I do feel that B2 has played a big role in increasing my energy this year. As Greg says, 'It's not a B12 problem - it's a B12 and B2 problem."

Kathevans

Hi @Johnmac ...I'm doing better, thanks. After stopping the bitters and lowering my B2 (for the moment), though I'm not going to drop down to the 1-2mg Greg suggests. My symptoms are just too uncomfortable to coexist with. But I am seeing how low I can remain as I work on the essential mineral cofactors of selenium, iodine and molybdenum that seem to be a part of the pathways we're trying to nudge into action.

As to mercury levels, they happened to be reported on the NutrEval Test under Toxic Elements. In September, 2010, my mercury level (the only one in the toxic range) was 0.0503 in a reference range of <=0.0039 mcg/g So, very high. Yikes. In December, 2014, the results for mercury had lowered considerably, though were still in the toxic range at 0.0100 in the same reference of <=0.0039 mcg/g. On the most recent one, my lead levels have crept up into the toxic range as well.

For years I used Sonnes Bentonite clay daily, a detoxificant, and perhaps that has helped. I used it primarily for digestive issues, many of which have resolved. Or maybe results of the test can bounce around. I want to have it done again sometime soon, so it will be interesting to see what's up. Fred has said that when you get methylation going, the mercury will come down slowly--he had a specific percentage per year, which I now forget. I hear you saying the hair test is the best, and I will discuss this with my naturopath.

I was doing some more research on selenium the past few days and was looking over a thread I'd highlighted from last summer/fall that was started by a guy by the name of ppodhajski who was totally into Nutrigenomics. He's left the forum, but I valued his work highly and his vast knowledge of genetics, genetic cofactors and all this stuff. This is exactly what Greg is doing when he tells us to eat leafy greens for our folate, or those 3 Brazil Nuts for our selenium levels. I actually contacted the guy who ppodhajski was familiar with, a Dr. Steven Zeisel at the University of Chapel Hill in South Carolina. He attended Harvard Medical and MIT for a PhD in Nutrition and specializes in breast cancer research (which is in my family), choline and the PEMT gene. Very interesting.

But, I digress. The selenium thread is this if you're interested: http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/the-nutrigenomics-of-selenium.39405/page-2 He talks about some of the genes involved in selenium metabolism and at the time I checked them out and they weren't problematic for me. But as the Pdf I posted above says, mercury alone will be enough to compromise your ability to have selenium on hand for those enzymatic reactions. So supplementation is often a necessity.

Onward!

Last edited:

Athene*

Hi @Johnmac ...I'm doing better, thanks. After stopping the bitters and lowering my B2 (for the moment), though I'm not going to drop down to the 1-2mg Greg suggests. My symptoms are just too uncomfortable to coexist with. But I am seeing how low I can remain as I work on the essential mineral cofactors of selenium, iodine and molybdenum that seem to be a part of the pathways we're trying to nudge into action.

As to mercury levels, they happened to be reported on the NutrEval Test under Toxic Elements. In September, 2010, my mercury level (the only one in the toxic range) was 0.0503 in a reference range of <=0.0039 mcg/g So, very high. Yikes. In December, 2014, the results for mercury had lowered considerably, though were still in the toxic range at 0.0100 in the same reference of <=0.0039 mcg/g. On the most recent one, my lead levels have crept up into the toxic range as well.

For years I used Sonnes Bentonite clay daily, a detoxificant, and perhaps that has helped. I used it primarily for digestive issues, many of which have resolved. Or maybe results of the test can bounce around. I want to have it done again sometime soon, so it will be interesting to see what's up. Fred has said that when you get methylation going, the mercury will come down slowly--he had a specific percentage per year, which I now forget. I hear you saying the hair test is the best, and I will discuss this with my naturopath.

I was doing some more research on selenium the past few days and was looking over a thread I'd highlighted from last summer/fall that was started by a guy by the name of ppodhajski who was totally into Nutrigenomics. He's left the forum, but I valued his work highly and his vast knowledge of genetics, genetic cofactors and all this stuff. This is exactly what Greg is doing when he tells us to eat leafy greens for our folate, or those 3 Brazil Nuts for our selenium levels. I actually contacted the guy who ppodhajski was familiar with, a Dr. Steven Zeisel at the University of Chapel Hill in South Carolina. He attended Harvard Medical and MIT for a PhD in Nutrition and specializes in breast cancer research (which is in my family), choline and the PEMT gene. Very interesting.

But, I digress. The selenium thread is this if you're interested: http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/the-nutrigenomics-of-selenium.39405/page-2 He talks about some of the genes involved in selenium metabolism and at the time I checked them out and they weren't problematic for me. But as the Pdf I posted above says, mercury alone will be enough to compromise your ability to have selenium on hand for those enzymatic reactions. So supplementation is often a necessity.

Onward!
Hi Kath, that's interesting about your b2. For me b2 is helping to lower my potassium needs and my blood pressure is now 119/70 (few weeks ago was 150/80). I take a high dose of b2 compared to you (150mg), but I may lower that soon. I really like the bp effects for now.
About the oil - why not try a dropper (G suggested it to me before). I used to cover mine in foil to keep out light. I had one that sort of curved at the end (from an old iodine bottle that I washed out). I used to take the back of it (the lid that was attached) and squirt the oil in there. It wouldn't fall out because of the curve. I covered it in foil just to be on the safe side. it was great not to have to discard expensive oil, just use a tiny bit every so often throughout the day. I'm fine on the full dose now

Kathevans

For me b2 is helping to lower my potassium needs and my blood pressure is now 119/70 (few weeks ago was 150/80)
It's so interesting how different we each are. My blood pressure has always been on the low side--just last week was 90/60.

The B2 is still over-stimulating me, causing high adrenaline symptoms at night. I knew it again yesterday after having taken maybe 20mg of B2 (12 riboflavin in the B-Complex and about 9mg in 1/2 FMN). I fell asleep when I climbed into bed, but when my husband turned off the light, I was awake and that was that. I mean wide-awake! I needed more potassium by 1 a.m. and that was all. Amazingly, I could feel everything relax around 4 when I slept for an hour and a half. That was it. I've relaxed and dozed for about another half hour and I'm on the move now, or on the slog, trying to redeem the day! I'm going to lower the B2 even more, perhaps avoid it altogether, which is essentially what Greg suggested at 1-2mg!

I feel like a yo-yo. But hoping that later this week another visit to the naturopath will offer some solutions.

Meantime, thanks for the dropper idea. I had thought, too, that the foil would keep out light and keep the B12 from degrading. What Greg has recommended is just a drop of the Ado/Methyl Oil Mix (which I haven't received yet as he was away for 10 days) once or twice a day.

I hope things continue to go well for you. Have you continued to work on iodine or other minerals?

Athene*

It's so interesting how different we each are. My blood pressure has always been on the low side--just last week was 90/60.

The B2 is still over-stimulating me, causing high adrenaline symptoms at night. I knew it again yesterday after having taken maybe 20mg of B2 (12 riboflavin in the B-Complex and about 9mg in 1/2 FMN). I fell asleep when I climbed into bed, but when my husband turned off the light, I was awake and that was that. I mean wide-awake! I needed more potassium by 1 a.m. and that was all. Amazingly, I could feel everything relax around 4 when I slept for an hour and a half. That was it. I've relaxed and dozed for about another half hour and I'm on the move now, or on the slog, trying to redeem the day! I'm going to lower the B2 even more, perhaps avoid it altogether, which is essentially what Greg suggested at 1-2mg!

I feel like a yo-yo. But hoping that later this week another visit to the naturopath will offer some solutions.

Meantime, thanks for the dropper idea. I had thought, too, that the foil would keep out light and keep the B12 from degrading. What Greg has recommended is just a drop of the Ado/Methyl Oil Mix (which I haven't received yet as he was away for 10 days) once or twice a day.

I hope things continue to go well for you. Have you continued to work on iodine or other minerals?

Yep, I do still take a tiny amount of iodine (about 200mcg daily - crumb of Iodoral tablet. I bought some Iodoral a couple of years and want to use them up before they expire). I can only take this amount, and often only every second day. The other mineral I take is Magnesium glycinate, and a small amount of calcium (not every day). Selenium too - half tablet most days and other days brazil nuts. I keep meaning to buy some Molybdenum or at least look into more molybdenum food - my diet isn't providing much of that.

My sleep hasn't been great for the past couple of weeks - very broken and very little, similar to your situation. Blood pressure is going too low at times - in evening and night time. I was just thinking it may not be due to b2 alone (must reduce this), but because I've recently stopped the hydrocortisone I was taking. I'm feeling the adrenals really struggling at certain times of the monthly cycle (I get very weak, have insomnia, get achy - and all my other hypo adrenal symptoms). Then when female hormones and cortisol rise I'm full of energy and pain free and feel great. It doesn't last though. I'm hoping things even out soon. And really hoping I won't need the hydrocortisone again.

So, very up and down right now. The good days are amazing, as if I've gone back to decades ago when I was well. I get so hopeful and then come crashing down again. Then it gets good again! Wish I could get off the roller coaster and just relax and forget about health. I know you feel that way too...

I got lots of sun last week which was lovely but now an old problem has resurfaced. A form of rosacea without the spots. Haven't had it for a few years. A burning, stinging rash on my chest and neck, when I exercise or have hot drink, or hot shower, or just feel too warm. It's maddening and lasted two years intermittently last time I had it. Tends to happen when progesterone is low, which means cortisol is low. Thankfully a tiny dab of progesterone cream I had from years ago still works to take the heat out of the skin (apparently it shrinks the capillaries).

I'm slightly worried about low cortisol symptoms again this week, but hopefully it will pick up soon. It's all or nothing at the moment!

Athene*

P.S. @Kathevans How ironic. After I wrote above reply to you, I slept soundly from 3am to 11am, woke up full of energy, normal bp again of 120/80, felt like cortisol was rising and other hormones - all the usual hormonal signs are there. So I did a check of Bp and temps during today. Bp (and temp) got a bit too high by evening 141/73 (after having been too low often during last couple of weeks). Lots of energy all day. No weakness or coldness or achiness. This happens every few weeks.

Am now wide awake at 2am with temp of 98.2 F and bp 131. (My temps have been a bit low last couple weeks). Always for me, low temp with low cortisol, high temp with high cortisol. So I'm in the high cortisol phase now.

The b2 is helping with the swings in bp. II had some an hour ago and it seems to have brought down bp a bit - from 141 to 131.

But it would be great if the high and low cortisol phases (accompanied by high and low aldosterone) would just meet in the middle! We'll see...

By the way, you mentioned your low bp. Would that suggest you are suffering from low cortisol? And that would mean your aldosterone could be too low, rather than too high? That would cause palpitations, sleep disturbance, frequent peeing, thirst (not everyone gets all the symptoms, but I get those when my aldosterone is low). When this low aldosterone happens to me during my low cortisol phase I find I need more salt as well as potassium. Do you ever try a little sea salt in water, as well as just the potassium? I find it settles me. I'm aware you have cardiac issues, so obviously you'll need to tread more carefully than I do. I just lash in the salt and potassium here and there, going by vital signs and symptoms, and muddle along reasonably well.

Do you have a blood pressure monitor? It'd be interesting to know how your vital signs match your symptoms or if they're anything like mine.

This is interesting too. Explains what's happening for me, at least, when progesterone is low, then when it's high. These days it's all over the place.
http://press.endocrine.org/doi/full/10.1210/jc.2006-1154

Last edited:
In the last two weeks, since lowering the hydrocortisone to zero or close to it, I’ve developed eczema around my nostrils. I had this and other unexplained symptoms throughout my teens and 20s. Previously, the eczema eventually spread to my behind my ears, also my ear lobe piercing holes became very infected (lasted several years, very painful). I also developed quite severe periungual warts around my finger cuticles. The warts lasted 20 years before I was able to rid myself of them. It was a horrific period of my life that involved band aids on every finger, and being constantly questioned about it. I used to put 2% HC cream on the excema in the old days, go figure. I needed HC at 15 years old, desperately, I believe. Was really sick; had my tonsils removed, had a ton of metal put in my mouth. I have put things together. So I brought HC back on, about 5 mgs a day. It’s all I can tolerate, but it keeps the eczema under control and my energy is a bit better.

I am still crashing. Hoping that stops soon. It is better than it was a month ago, so I can wait it out. Temps are very low again, in the 95s. HC really helped that as well.

It’s going okay overall. I’m on two doses adeno, 4 doses methylb oil per day. Feel like I could up the mb12, but price…I ordered another round, a large order, as I am scared to be without it right now. Hoping my needs slow. Wondering what everyone’s dosing is so far…? While still transitioning, and early on in the oils protocol?

I also brought back some potassium and mthf @ 4 mgs. The heart palps started after dropping the HC, so I think potassium helps. The 5-mthf has an immense effect on my muscle soreness. I’ve demonstrated this several times by dropping and adding it.

Was hoping to go into chelation a little more stable. I was able to use the FIR sauna for 45 minutes for the first time in weeks. I can tell when things are moving (increased liver and adrenal function?) if I can tolerate the sauna for extended periods. So that’s a good sign, but I am a little unstable since lowering the HC. I think this is not only methylation here, but lots of metals, just like when I was 15. It’s all the same stuff. I am 3 months out, so symptoms, which never abated, I expect to worsen during this 9 months post amalgam removal.