• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Canadian Provincial Health Contacts for Advocacy Work

Old Bones

With respect to the #MillionsMissing campaign, and other advocacy work, I'm wondering if Canadians should also be contacting our provincial health ministers (and opposition "shadow" ministers). Although broad health policy is federal, health care delivery is a provincial responsibility.

terry.lake.MLA@leg.bc.ca (BC Minister of Health)
mailto:judy.darcy.mla@leg.bc.ca (Judy Darcy, BC NDP Opposition spokesperson for Health)

edmonton.glenora@assembly.ab.ca (Sarah Hoffman, Alberta Minister of Health)
cypress.medicinehat@assembly.ab.ca (Drew Barnes, Alberta Wildrose Shadow Minister – Health)
calgary.mountainview@assembly.ab.ca (Dr. David Swann, Alberta Liberal Party)

he.minister@gov.sk.ca (Dustin Duncan, Saskatchewan Minister of Health)
minister.rrhe@gov.sk.ca (Greg Ottenbreit, Saskatchewan Ministry of Health)
saskatoonmasseyplace@ndpcaucus.sk.ca (Cam Broten, Saskatchewan Opposition, involved with health policy)

No email address found (Kelvin Goertzen, Manitoba Minister of Health)
dmhlt@leg.gov.mb.ca (Karen Herd, Manitoba Deputy Minister of Health)

ehoskins.mpp@liberal.ola.org (Dr. Eric Hoskins, Ontario Minister of Health and Long-Term Care)
ddamerla.mpp@liberal.ola.org (Dipika Damerla, Ontario Associate Minister of Health and Long-Term Care)
jeff.yurek@pc.ola.org (Jeff Yurek, Ontario PC Party Health Critic)
fgelinas-qp@ndp.on.ca (France Gelinas, Ontario NDP Health Critic)

Victor.Boudreau@gnb.ca (Victor Boudreau, New Brunswick Minister of Health)
madeleine.dube@gnb.ca (“Mado” Dube, New Brunswick Opposition House Leader; Health Critic)

Health.Minister@novascotia.ca (Leo Glavine, Nova Scotia Minister of Health and Wellness)

Peter.Vaughan@novascotia.ca (Dr. Peter Vaughan, Deputy Minister of Health and Wellness)
davewilsonmla@eastlink.ca (Dave Wilson, NDP, Nova Scotia Health and Wellness Critic)

rlhenderson@gov.pe.ca (Robert L. Henderson, Prince Edward Island Minister of Health and Wellness)
jsjaylward@assembly.pe.ca (James Aylward, PEI Opposition Critic, Health and Wellness)

mell@gov.nu.ca (Monica Ell-Kanayuk, Nunavut Minister of Health)

glen_abernethy@gov.nt.ca (Glen Abernethy, NWT Minister of Health and Social Services)

ministre@msss.gouv.qc.ca (Gaetan Barrette, Quebec Minister of Health and Social Services)
Diane.Lamarre.TAIL@assnat.qc.ca (Quebec Opposition Critic for Health and Access to Care)

Well, I think that about does it.

Last edited:

shannah

Good idea @Old Bones Glad you mentioned it.

I included all of the Ontario MPPs and senators in my emails.

I also included some selections from PHAC, CIHR, PHO, and the new the new Environmental Task Force in Ontario. All totalled there were 484 people on my list.

I sent these out twice for a total of 968 messages as there are two ill in my home.

Kati

Patient in training
With respect to the #MillionsMissing campaign, and other advocacy work, I'm wondering if Canadians should also be contacting our provincial health ministers (and opposition "shadow" ministers). Although broad health policy is federal, health care delivery is a provincial responsibility.

terry.lake.MLA@leg.bc.ca (BC Minister of Health)
mailto:judy.darcy.mla@leg.bc.ca (Judy Darcy, BC NDP Opposition spokesperson for Health)

edmonton.glenora@assembly.ab.ca (Sarah Hoffman, Alberta Minister of Health)
cypress.medicinehat@assembly.ab.ca (Drew Barnes, Alberta Wildrose Shadow Minister – Health)
calgary.mountainview@assembly.ab.ca (Dr. David Swann, Alberta Liberal Party)

he.minister@gov.sk.ca (Dustin Duncan, Saskatchewan Minister of Health)
minister.rrhe@gov.sk.ca (Greg Ottenbreit, Saskatchewan Ministry of Health)
saskatoonmasseyplace@ndpcaucus.sk.ca (Cam Broten, Saskatchewan Opposition, involved with health policy)

No email address found (Kelvin Goertzen, Manitoba Minister of Health)
dmhlt@leg.gov.mb.ca (Karen Herd, Manitoba Deputy Minister of Health)

ehoskins.mpp@liberal.ola.org (Dr. Eric Hoskins, Ontario Minister of Health and Long-Term Care)
ddamerla.mpp@liberal.ola.org (Dipika Damerla, Ontario Associate Minister of Health and Long-Term Care)
jeff.yurek@pc.ola.org (Jeff Yurek, Ontario PC Party Health Critic)
fgelinas-qp@ndp.on.ca (France Gelinas, Ontario NDP Health Critic)

Victor.Boudreau@gnb.ca (Victor Boudreau, New Brunswick Minister of Health)
madeleine.dube@gnb.ca (“Mado” Dube, New Brunswick Opposition House Leader; Health Critic)

Health.Minister@novascotia.ca (Leo Glavine, Nova Scotia Minister of Health and Wellness)

Peter.Vaughan@novascotia.ca (Dr. Peter Vaughan, Deputy Minister of Health and Wellness)
davewilsonmla@eastlink.ca (Dave Wilson, NDP, Nova Scotia Health and Wellness Critic)

rlhenderson@gov.pe.ca (Robert L. Henderson, Prince Edward Island Minister of Health and Wellness)
jsjaylward@assembly.pe.ca (James Aylward, PEI Opposition Critic, Health and Wellness)

mell@gov.nu.ca (Monica Ell-Kanayuk, Nunavut Minister of Health)

glen_abernethy@gov.nt.ca (Glen Abernethy, NWT Minister of Health and Social Services)

ministre@msss.gouv.qc.ca (Gaetan Barrette, Quebec Minister of Health and Social Services)
Diane.Lamarre.TAIL@assnat.qc.ca (Quebec Opposition Critic for Health and Access to Care)

Well, I think that about does it.
It's a very good idea @Old Bones and essential to do. Health care is of provincial jurisdiction so both levels of governments need to be involved.