• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Printable MCAS introductory info?

mango

A friend asked me to help her find out more about MCAS/D. What scientific articles would you recommend?

Is there an equivalent to the IACFS/ME Primer, perhaps?

I know there's tons of info here in so many threads, but unfortunately she isn't able to use the computer for now. I'm looking for something that I can easily print out and send to her.

She's especially interested in available tests and treatments.

While browsing this subforum I found the article "Presentation, Diagnosis and Management of Mast Cell Activation Syndrome" by Lawrence B Afrin, and a position paper called "Definitions, Criteria and Global Classification of Mast Cell Disorders with Special Reference to Mast Cell Activation Syndromes: A Consensus Proposal". Would these be a good place to start? If not, what would you recommend instead?

Thanks a million in advance :)

Last edited: