• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Solve webinar today, Thurs May 19: Dr Jarred Younger, "CFS & ME: Can we find answers in the brain?"

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Well, that stuff on brain temperature was very interesting but they need to shove a few more people through that scanner! :)

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Didnt see it - was it any good ?

I found it very interesting, and clear (which is impressive, given that I am a bear of very little brain, on the bioscience front).

Solve put these things up on YouTube pretty quickly so you should be able to see it there soon.

mango

Ooh, super interesting! This is making me ridiculously excited :D

And I agree with Sasha, he's really good at explaining things very clearly, making them easy to understand :)

So many fascinating ideas and new possibilities..! I'll be keeping my fingers tightly crossed, very much looking forward to hearing more about all this as it progresses :)

Anyone planning on transcribing this talk?

Sasha

Fine, thank you
I don't know of any plans to transcribe it, @mango - and I don't think Solve usually transcribe their webinars.

mango

I missed the webinar today but if you think it would be worthwhile, I'm happy to help with a transcription when it goes up on YouTube.

Yay, sounds great! I'd love that :) I have a severely ill friend who is unable to watch/listen, and I would really like to share this with her. That's why I was hoping for a transcription :) I'm sure there are others too who would find it very interesting.

Let's see what you think after watching it? And if you still think it might be a good idea, perhaps we don't have to transcribe the whole thing, perhaps we could select a few of the most interesting parts? :)

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Yay, sounds great! I'd love that :) I have a severely ill friend who is unable to watch/listen, and I would really like to share this with her. That's why I was hoping for a transcription :) I'm sure there are others too who would find it very interesting.

Let's see what you think after watching it? And if you still think it might be a good idea, perhaps we don't have to transcribe the whole thing, perhaps we could select a few of the most interesting parts? :)

I must admit that as I was watching it, I thought: if anybody's going to transcribe any of this, the bit to transcribe would be where he starts talking about brain temperature. :)

Sorry I'm not able to help with this (extra tired this week!).

Scarecrow

Revolting Peasant
@mango It's a bit late for me to do any transcribing tonight but I can do some tomorrow. If there's a particular part you want me to do, let me know. Otherwise. I'll just let you know what section I will be working on before I start. :)

mango

@mango It's a bit late for me to do any transcribing tonight but I can do some tomorrow. If there's a particular part you want me to do, let me know. Otherwise. I'll just let you know what section I will be working on before I start. :)

Excellent! Same here, it's too late tonight, I hope I'll be able to rewatch it tomorrow. But no worries, there's no hurry at all :)

Yes, please go ahead and choose whatever section(s) you feel drawn to! :)

I was one of the two CFS patients who participated in the MRI pilot study. I always wanted testing done while experiencing an exacerbation or crash but the day of the scan I wasn't at one of my lowest points. I was surprised to see I had the correlating high brain temperature.

This is very intriguing research and I feel fortunate to have the UAB team working so hard for us!

Kati

Patient in training
That was very good and helpful. Thank you so much to Solve for hosting these webinars, and to make them available online afterwards for those who can only watch in small bits at a time.

Also great thank you to Jarred Younger for entering the field and to engaging a full team at UAB. Fingers crossed for the studies, for promising and positive results.

Last edited:

Sasha

Fine, thank you
I was one of the two CFS patients who participated in the MRI pilot study. I always wanted testing done while experiencing an exacerbation or crash but the day of the scan I wasn't at one of my lowest points. I was surprised to see I had the correlating high brain temperature.

This is very intriguing research and I feel fortunate to have the UAB team working so hard for us!

Thanks for taking part in the study - I'm always very grateful to the patients who do this!