• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

US: Send a Forgotten Plague DVD to your Congressman/woman

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Email from Ryan Prior:

Ryan Prior said:
This is your chance to tell your Congressman about ME/CFS.
Throughout the making of Forgotten Plague, people joined our movement and so often told us that they wanted all members of the U.S. Congress to see the film, to be educated about this disease, and to increase NIH research funding toward finding its cause and cure.

As a limited time offer in conjunction with the May International Awareness Month and the May 25th #MillionsMissing protests, we're offering you the chance to send a Forgotten Plague DVD to your Congressman! At just $10.00, the Forgotten Plague Congressional Pack is easy, fast, and cheap. Our office will do all the work for you, in shipping the DVD and also providing a physical and digital letter to your Senator or Representative, explaining the severity of the disease as well as the solutions our community requires.

We're delighted at the level of engagement we've seen across the nation. So far 138 Congressional Packs have been purchased, meaning national leaders from Speaker of the House Paul Ryan to Arizona Senator John McCain will receive DVDs and important education about ME/CFS. With your help we can hit our goal of 175 Congressional Packs by May 19th when our office ships them all out.

We're living in an unprecedented month in ME/CFS history. On May 25th, #MillionsMissing protests will be held in 12 cities across the world, making it the biggest protest day ever. A new petition for NIH funding has 30,000 signatures, making it the biggest petition ever.

And you can join the protest virtually by purchasing your Congressional Packtoday!

Buy Now!

Does this mean that if I buy one, it will go to a random Congressman - I'm in the UK but would like to buy a copy. I want to know it will end up with someone who doesn't already have one allocated.