• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

I'm tired..and more tired when I lay down :(

When I get fatigue, I go to lay down... And everytime I lay down I feel even more fatigued and dizzy . has anyone experienced this? Why does this happen?

cmt12

When you lay down and de-stimulate, you simply become more internally aware of symptoms, even though it may seem like symptoms are worsening.

Hey Pat... Thanks for answering... I normally have high blood pressure and I'm on medication for it... And for the last few months it's been perfect.. So I don't think that's what it is.. Just now I lay down to rest and do mindful breathing... And as I'm exhaling I feel a pressure like my lungs are being dragged down... I've already told my doctor about it and I'm in the process of going through all my million lab test to get a CFS diagnosis.. She didn't know what it was.. :-(

cmt12

Chest tightness and constricted breathing is a symptom of this condition. That could be what you are feeling when you say it feels like yours lungs are being dragged down.

Is there a possibility that your BP med is causing your supine BP to drop too much?
I wouldn't think so....I've been on the same BP meds for 18 years. And with them my BP is always good. This just started happening a month ago.

Chest tightness and constricted breathing is a symptom of this condition. That could be what you are feeling when you say it feels like yours lungs are being dragged down.
That's something I thought might be possible. Thanks :)

PatJ

Forum Support Assistant
This just started happening a month ago.

Did anything change a month ago? Such as starting or stopping a supplement or meds? Or changing to a different brand of supplement or med (different brands, different fillers which sometimes cause problems). Did you start or stop eating certain foods? Maybe you started using different cleaning products...

Try to think of anything that may have changed in your life around the time the symptoms started. You might find something unexpected is the cause.

Did anything change a month ago? Such as starting or stopping a supplement or meds? Or changing to a different brand of supplement or med (different brands, different fillers which sometimes cause problems). Did you start or stop eating certain foods? Maybe you started using different cleaning products...

Try to think of anything that may have changed in your life around the time the symptoms started. You might find something unexpected is the cause.
I did start a small dose of provigil a few weeks before the symptom. I'll mention it to my doc. :) thanks :)

u&iraok

When I get fatigue, I go to lay down... And everytime I lay down I feel even more fatigued and dizzy . has anyone experienced this? Why does this happen?

Some do better in a semi-reclined position, rather than laying down. It works better for me.