• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

#Millions Missing Needs Your Help!

JaimeS

Before we get into the main body, here, I just want to say how incredibly amazing it has been to work on this campaign so far. I never imagined it would get this big! But to keep that ball rolling, we do need funding. Even $5 would be amazing. Please consider this, and please re-post, mention on Facebook and Twitter, and talk to friends and relatives if the #MillionsMissing protest means something to you.

On May 25, 2016, #MEAction is sponsoring a community-organized protest at Departments of Health and Human Services (HHS) across the country, and in cities all over the world.

As a community, we are bowled over by the response. The protest started as a single effort in Washington, D.C., but as of today there will be organized protests in:

We are still looking for people to organize in New York, Philadelphia, Chicago, Kansas City, and Denver — imagine the power in saying that every regional HHS office in the United States was included in the protest!

We released the #MillionsMissing Protest Demands, with four main goals for the future of ME/CFS in the U.S.:

1. Increase research funding and program investments for ME/CFS commensurate with the severity of the disease: $250 million per year.
  2. Accelerate clinical trials for ME/CFS (there are no current FDA-approved medications for the disease).
  3. Disseminate accurate medical education and clinical guidelines to end the spread of harmful, erroneous information about ME/CFS.
  4. Provide HHS leadership, oversight and a serious commitment to urgently address ME/CFS.
We have finished our press release to help educate the press about ME/CFS and the issues we face as a community.

This is our fight for change. Can you help?

If the goals of the #MillionsMissing protest are important to you, we hope you will be able to donate to the cause. Every little bit helps!

Despite our physical debility, we are a vibrant, strong community with a lot of fight in us! Thank you for sharing your passion and commitment to ME/CFS.

Please click on the link here and scroll down to donate.

actup

Thank you JaimeS for your reminder. I like to donate but do need the prodding when in a crash as I am now. The intention has been in place ever since I heard about this incredible campaign.

Keela Too

Sally Burch
Hope 4 ME & Fibro NI will also be supporting the #MillionsMissing campaign with a line up of shoes at their conference, in Belfast Northern Ireland, on 6th June. Sorry not sure how to make this image smaller.... :p - it's a Facebook URL from this post
https://www.facebook.com/Hope4MEFib...993319659488/1059619874096832/?type=3&theater

13151609_1059619874096832_1604622053597703214_n.png

Seven7

Seven
I tried to donate but couldn't, it just sends me to paypal and then nothing, I am lost in the other website :(

JaimeS

I tried to donate but couldn't, it just sends me to paypal and then nothing, I am lost in the other website :(

Sometimes the PayPal button breaks and just goes to PayPal. Then #MEAction's coding monkeys (read: me and Paige) feverishly hunt down the broken link and fix it!

Let me see if it's fixed now.

Yes, it should be okay. You might be clicking on the Donate link at the very bottom of the page, which is for #MEAction in general... either way, here it is.

Seven7

Seven
is just me :(

Sorry — your last action could not be completed
If you were making a purchase or sending money, we recommend that you check both your PayPal account and your email for a transaction confirmation after 30 minutes.
If you came to this page from another website, please return to that site (don't use your browser's Back button) and restart your activity.
If you came from PayPal's website, click the PayPal logo in the upper-left corner to return to our home page and restart your activity. You might have to log in again.
More Information

JaimeS

is just me :(

Sorry — your last action could not be completed
If you were making a purchase or sending money, we recommend that you check both your PayPal account and your email for a transaction confirmation after 30 minutes.
If you came to this page from another website, please return to that site (don't use your browser's Back button) and restart your activity.
If you came from PayPal's website, click the PayPal logo in the upper-left corner to return to our home page and restart your activity. You might have to log in again.
More Information

Oh no! It may be that something is wrong with your PayPal account, @lnester7 !

-J

Oh no! It may be that something is wrong with your PayPal account, @lnester7 !

-J
I get the same when i click on the link provided in your post above.

PS i donated last night but i think the link brought me to the MEaction page and when i clicked on donate i am not sure if it was specifically for the millions missing or not.

JaimeS

I get the same when i click on the link provided in your post above.

PS i donated last night but i think the link brought me to the MEaction page and when i clicked on donate i am not sure if it was specifically for the millions missing or not.

If you clicked on the link to the article, there are two donate buttons. This is not trying to be confusing: basically the donate button for #MEAction in general is automatically at the bottom of our articles.

However, if you scroll down to where it says donate *within the article itself*, that is where it says you can donate to #MillionsMissing.

-J

If you clicked on the link to the article, there are two donate buttons. This is not trying to be confusing: basically the donate button for #MEAction in general is automatically at the bottom of our articles.

However, if you scroll down to where it says donate *within the article itself*, that is where it says you can donate to #MillionsMissing.

-J
Yep, i selected the donate with rounded corners so i think that was the right one

JaimeS

Yep, i selected the donate with rounded corners so i think that was the right one

I just donated a dollar myself, to make sure it works... but it does. I had to sign into PayPal first, but then it took me right back to the main screen and let me donate it.

upload_2016-5-6_13-18-8.png

upload_2016-5-6_13-18-41.png

-J

I donated earlier today and all went through OK but, while I thought I'd pressed that rounded button, looking back at my receipts my transaction details make no mention of May 2016. I don't have a problem with that, it's all to a good cause, but just thought I'd give the feedback in case it helps.

I donated earlier today and all went through OK but, while I thought I'd pressed that rounded button, looking back at my receipts my transaction details make no mention of May 2016. I don't have a problem with that, it's all to a good cause, but just thought I'd give the feedback in case it helps.
yes my receipt didn't either, hence my confusion too, but i think its all good