• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dead could be brought 'back to life' in groundbreaking project

adreno

PR activist
If all else fails?

A biotech company in the US has been granted ethical permission to recruit 20 patients who have been declared clinically dead from a traumatic brain injury, to test whether parts of their central nervous system can be brought back to life.

Scientists will use a combination of therapies, which include injecting the brain with stem cells and a cocktail of peptides, as well as deploying lasers and nerve stimulation techniques which have been shown to bring patients out of comas.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/...ought-back-to-life-in-groundbreaking-project/

barbc56

Surely it depends on how "recovery" is defined?

I bet patients wouldn't improve with the six minute walk. Think Frankenstein.

Call me 'high maintenance', but I am definately stating a preference for medical help BEFORE I've popped my clogs!

This forum has taught me so much valuable information and this is just one example. I just have to think of a way to work this phrase into a conversation. I do see the dentist tomorrow. Hmmmmm.......

I'm laughing hysterically. Thanks, I needed that!

barbc56

This was my plan too, but the UK doesn't accept body donations from people with unexplained neurological diseases.
Very disappointed.

Geese, I wanted to do the same thing. I didn't think of that. However, if you are going into a speciality wouldn't these be the bodies you would want to explore? At least eventually?

I've heard that you have to pay to donate your body to science. I also thought that unclaimed bodies that such as the homeless or a family feud are used. So they're not as picky there. But you have to keep in mind that this is ancedotal.

Ah, missed the part that you are in the UK. I would think the rules would generally be the same but maybe not. Now I definitely have to look up this information.

"Long ( due to insomnia and pain) Night of the Living Dead' starring 15000 of your sick pals from around the world taking their first stumbling steps to track down whoever invented CBT as a 'treatment' ( hollow laughter)...":bang-head:

Sorry....it's been a long day....:sleep:zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Night of the Vexatious Dead surely? Risen from the grave purely to file unwarrented FOI requests.