• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

AYME statement on Dr Nigel Speight's suspension

duncan

Hey, is it me, or is that statement missing some words? I'm not even talking about words of support. I'm talking about words that make sentences, you know, complete and understandable.

Words of support would help, but maybe not...

TiredSam

The wise nematode hibernates
AYME's philosophy of respecting patient choice has never wavered withstanding the need to ensure the safety of the child being paramount.

Hey, is it me, or is that statement missing some words? I'm not even talking about words of support. I'm talking about words that make sentences, you know, complete and understandable.

Yep, in the context of "never wavered" the missing words are willfully blind, stuborn and arrogant, and in the context of "safety of the child" the words missing are false imprisonment and abuse.

Yogi

AYME Said:

Many families were helped and supported by Nigel Speight's knowledge, kindness and generosity of spirit, during AYME's early years. Nigel was the charity's Medical Adviser and then Patron until 2009. He resigned from his position because he had a different of opinion from that of AYME on matters to do the management of ME. AYME's philosophy of respecting patient choice has never wavered withstanding the need to ensure the safety of the child being paramount.

During the time when Nigel acted as AYME's Medical Adviser, the charity's Chief Executive spoke on his behalf at a previous hearing. Following Nigel's decision to resign as Patron in 2009, AYME does not consider it appropriate to lend its formal support on this occasion .

Mary-Jane Willows, Chief Executive

What a terrible statement and awful english!!!

What do AYME get from Esther Crawley as medical advisor and taking this position? What is in it from them?

Large Donner

AYME Said:

What a terrible statement and awful english!!!

Maybe the English is so bad, that they are offering their full support and they are asking Esther Crawley to step down, distancing themselves from the LP and this is a full and unwavering critique of the PACE trial........and maybe we just didn't understand what they are trying to say.....maybe......

:rolleyes:

Chrisb

So, they have a philosophy of being pro choice, but now, when that choice has been taken away from young people with ME they are not going to lift a finger.

I was merely going to comment that as with the government patient choice policy, choice is favoured so long as people make the choice expected of them.

It then occurred to me that No 10 has something called the "Nudge Unit" originating psychological methods to encourage people to act in approved manners without their being aware of it. I have never been quite sure who pulls the strings of AYME.