• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Mold?Or something else?

Sam7777

Generally in your experience, (and especially for those of you who have or did have mercury toxicity), have you ever experienced mold toxicity issues that did NOT involve overt lung and sinus and breathing issues. I have been staying at two places the recent last 8 months. One place did have mold, and I treated that mostly AND it was the place I felt best and continue to feel best at, despite the mold AND I never have lung issues. This other place that I've basically lived at for two and a half years, doesn't appear to have mold, but I feel like something acutely hits me the day after I come back. In October-December I even started having hair fall out. My histamine issues are worse here, my IBS is worse, fatigue and depression are worse, ADD and motivation and cohesive thought is worse.

I lived in one terrible shotgun shack when I was in highschool 10 years ago, that had overt visible black mold underneath the window unit AC with a dilapidated decomposing dry wall caused by water leaking. I never had lung problems when I was there then....But I'm pretty sure that's where my health plummeted. I'm sure I lived around mold when I was younger as well in other old houses, and I did have tons of respiratory infections. I've basically never had asthma though. Am I just weird in this way and still basically being poisoned by mold? Something sneaky is going on.

u&iraok

Generally in your experience, (and especially for those of you who have or did have mercury toxicity), have you ever experienced mold toxicity issues that did NOT involve overt lung and sinus and breathing issues. I have been staying at two places the recent last 8 months. One place did have mold, and I treated that mostly AND it was the place I felt best and continue to feel best at, despite the mold AND I never have lung issues. This other place that I've basically lived at for two and a half years, doesn't appear to have mold, but I feel like something acutely hits me the day after I come back. In October-December I even started having hair fall out. My histamine issues are worse here, my IBS is worse, fatigue and depression are worse, ADD and motivation and cohesive thought is worse.

I lived in one terrible shotgun shack when I was in highschool 10 years ago, that had overt visible black mold underneath the window unit AC with a dilapidated decomposing dry wall caused by water leaking. I never had lung problems when I was there then....But I'm pretty sure that's where my health plummeted. I'm sure I lived around mold when I was younger as well in other old houses, and I did have tons of respiratory infections. I've basically never had asthma though. Am I just weird in this way and still basically being poisoned by mold? Something sneaky is going on.

A friend, a young man about 18, got Crohn's disease from mold in his house.

It was so bad his doctor told him he was going to die. He had lost a lot of weight and looked really sick.

He left the moldy house and I helped him take stuff to get better. He got better for a couple years, moved to California. Then the symptoms came back a little, not as bad, and he went to a naturopath who is helping him. He doesn't have ME/CFS.

*GG*

I lived in one terrible shotgun shack when I was in highschool 10 years ago, that had overt visible black mold underneath the window unit AC with a dilapidated decomposing dry wall caused by water leaking. I never had lung problems when I was there then....But I'm pretty sure that's where my health plummeted.

I'm sure I lived around mold when I was younger as well in other old houses, and I did have tons of respiratory infections. I've basically never had asthma though. Am I just weird in this way and still basically being poisoned by mold? Something sneaky is going on.

Unless your roof is leaking, I think older houses are better, because they are draftier, not as air tight as homes built in the last 20 years or so. At least, that is my understanding :)

GG

Dufresne

almost there...
This other place that I've basically lived at for two and a half years, doesn't appear to have mold, but I feel like something acutely hits me the day after I come back. In October-December I even started having hair fall out. My histamine issues are worse here, my IBS is worse, fatigue and depression are worse, ADD and motivation and cohesive thought is worse.

Those are symptoms that often get worse with mold. It's a pretty solid indication you've an environmental problem if you notice a change being in one place rather than another. And you can't rely on sensory detection as you generally can't smell, and often can't see the toxic stuff.

You might want to try an ERMI test. Though if it were me I'd just leave. Getting away from mold was absolutely necessary for me to stop my decline and start clawing my way back.

Sam7777

I couldn't actually get inside the hvac system. I guess its sealed off by stuff that only hvac people know how to fool with.

I looked inside all the attic storage areas and along the rafters of the roof and the actual outside of the hvac thing which is inside a closet, I looked at the electric furnace, and two air filters I found, which I couldn't find more. The two air filters were emaculate. Everything else was dry, clean, really clean. Except this one taped up attic vent right above the electric furnace. My guess is it grew nasty because it had tape on the back of it meant to block the air from going into the attic. The filter in the picture is on the other side of the furnace and the nasty vent in the attic, in the bedroom infront of the attic area.

I took it off and put it outside and washed it off thoroughly with a lot of cleaning stuff and its still sitting out there.

Attachments

• IMG_20160417_133749-min.jpg
    IMG_20160417_133749-min.jpg
    704.2 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20160417_134321-min.jpg
    IMG_20160417_134321-min.jpg
    676.4 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_20160417_134543-min.jpg
    IMG_20160417_134543-min.jpg
    674.4 KB · Views: 8