• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Was on LDN since 2009, weened off to every other day, now stopped 1 week.

*GG*

LDN=low dose naltrexone

My brain is extra foggy lately, been off LDN for about 1 week now. I used to be able to drink coffee, and my brain would wake up an hour or 2 later. Been on LDN since late 2009 so at least 5 years now!

I did exert myself a couple times last week, think i am over that. Started back on my Clomid recently as well, 25 mgs at least 2x a week.

I have stopped trying to figure what this drug actually does for me!

I still have a little around, trying to see if I need to pay for this out of pocket via the pharmacy or if I am going to buy it online. Either way looks like I am going to need to spend over $150 fro a supply of only 3 months (Pharm) or 2 years if I buy it online and compound myself.

GG

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
I still have a little around, trying to see if I need to pay for this out of pocket via the pharmacy or if I am going to buy it online. Either way looks like I am going to need to spend over $150 fro a supply of only 3 months (Pharm)
I wonder why it costs so much for you? I get the generic 50 mg tablets from Walgreens and my insurance pays for a lot of it. It costs me about $1 per month.

*GG*

I wonder why it costs so much for you? I get the generic 50 mg tablets from Walgreens and my insurance pays for a lot of it. It costs me about $1 per month.

I asked my PCP to prescribe the 50mg, she said she couldn't. I wonder if it has anything to do with the Heroin "epidemic" going on? If anyone has any suggestions, I would ask again!

GG

*GG*

That is odd--I've had several doctors prescribe the 50 mg tabs. The pharmacist sort of looks "squinty" at me when I pick them up though.

So it is not against some Fed/state law to prescribe a higher dose than needed?

GG

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
So it is not against some Fed/state law to prescribe a higher dose than needed?
Not as far as I know. Lots of us here get 50 mg tabs. And, the pharmacy and insurance company don't know what dose you need. The only see what the doc writes on the script.

belize44

That is odd--I've had several doctors prescribe the 50 mg tabs. The pharmacist sort of looks "squinty" at me when I pick them up though.
I had a young pharmacy tech give me the "squinty" look, too, when I came to pick up my LDN and compounded pain cream. I was so glad when the pharmacist came over to answer a question, and said, is your doctor prescribing this for fibro pain? The tech then looked sheepish.

Rvanson

LDN=low dose naltrexone

My brain is extra foggy lately, been off LDN for about 1 week now. I used to be able to drink coffee, and my brain would wake up an hour or 2 later. Been on LDN since late 2009 so at least 5 years now!

I did exert myself a couple times last week, think i am over that. Started back on my Clomid recently as well, 25 mgs at least 2x a week.

I have stopped trying to figure what this drug actually does for me!

I still have a little around, trying to see if I need to pay for this out of pocket via the pharmacy or if I am going to buy it online. Either way looks like I am going to need to spend over $150 fro a supply of only 3 months (Pharm) or 2 years if I buy it online and compound myself.

GG

I know that LDN seems to help some people, but what does Clomid do for you?

Wishful

For those taking or wishing to take LDN, I found that taking it sublingually reduced the necessary dosage by over 30%. I also found that I didn't need to take it daily; alternating morning and evening doses (36 hrs apart) worked well for me. Every second day wasn't enough. For me, 3.25 mg (sublingually) was the optimum dose (sharp difference between 3.0 and 3.25).

For me, LDN was effective at blocking muscle aches, but that was all.