• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Confusion about Lyme diagnosis.

JAH

Do you know what the differences are? If I repeat the same tests at Infectolab is possible to get completely different results (positive EliSpot in one place and negative in the other)?
I don't really know what the differences are - just that my doctor prefers/trusts Armin over Infectolab. Have not asked why,

frederic83

Hi all and a Happy new year!

Coxsackie-Virus antibodies
Coxsackie-Virus-IgG (IFT) + 1:3200 Titer < 1:100
Coxsackie-Virus-IgA (IFT) + 1:100 Titer < 1:10

You should have in the report which type of coxsackie virus you have 1 to 6. Did you ask the lab for more precisions?

frederic83

Is this all the information that was provided? There are six Coxsackie B and several more Coxsackie A serotypes. It's a bit disingenuous to report this as just "Coxsackie antibodies." None of the research on chronic enteroviruses in ME that I've seen uses that testing method so it's hard to evaluate your titer in that context.

Armin lab is not testing, actually, every coxsackievirus Bs. It tests for B1 and A7 antigens, and if it is positive, because B1 and A7 antigens should match for almost all Bs and As viruses, and considering how the test is designed, you are considered positive for coxsackievirus B (one of them) if the B1 antigen is positive and A (one of them) if the A7 antigen is positive.
But you won't know which virus subtypes exactly you are positive. That's what I understood through my e-mail conversation with Armin.
In the report, they says positive for B1 and/or A7, but it means you are positive for one or more CVB1-6 and/or one or more A subtypes.
So, if you want to know with which coxsackievirus subtypes you are infected (B1 to 6 or As), I don't recommend this test.
For the tests done before 2016 (or late 2015I guess), the reports just said positive/negative for coxsackievirus, without the B1 or A7 antigens precision.

Last edited: