• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Can Anyone Help me with how to interpret my methylation Panel?

Al Klein

There just arent doctors in the UK to help.

Is my CBS snps causing this drain of SAH?

How do I treat?

Am I right in thinking I am an Overmethylator?

I already avoid Methyl groups because of COMT snp

No MTHFR

Thanks

Attachments

• Methylation.jpg
    Methylation.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 24

Critterina

So why might my SAH be so low?
So there are two types of things that could be happening:
1. the conversion that makes the SAH might be slowed down because of SNPs that affect the enzyme(s) that do(es) the conversions or because of a lack of one of the chemicals that are used up in the reaction, or
2. The SAH gets used up more quickly than normal, perhaps because of SNPs that make the enzyme more efficient, or because there is an excess of the chemicals that are used in the reaction, or because the end product gets used up, so there is always a need for that reaction to go.
Of course, there's likely more than one thing going on. Was your homocysteine tested at the same time? If it's also low, then I vote for reason #2. If it's high, I vote for reason #1.