• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

IiME 'leaky gut' project recruiting - needs patients from Dr Bansal's Sutton CFS clinic

Sasha

Fine, thank you
From IiME FB:

Anyone who is a current patient of Dr Bansal's at the Sutton CFS clinic (and particularly those who are house bound or severely affected) who has a solid diagnosis of ME and is interested in taking part in a research study about the role of leaky gut in ME patients (and whether this triggers immune system problems and inflammatory responses) can you please send me a private message here on fb and I can give you Daniel Vipond's number so you can be a research participant.

Daniel is travelling from the week of the 11th April to ME sufferers homes to collect blood and stool samples, but he only has such a small number of patients.

It has taken years to get this project off the ground and a huge amount of fund raising. I would be so grateful if more people can take part in this study.

We will ALL benefit from more bio-medical research doing into ME. Unfortunately, due to various protocols, any participants *must* be an existing patient of Dr Bansal's CFS clinic.

I really hope to hear from some of you. Please feel free to share this post anywhere and everywhere. More information on the study is available here:

http://www.investinme.org/LDR UK Gut Microbiota.htm

Here's the link on FB.

I'd be in this like a shot if I was eligible!

Please spread the word to anyone at Dr Bansal's Sutton clinic.

As I understand it, Dr Bansal isn't running this study - that's being done at the University of East Anglia - but the UEA are using his clinic as a means of recruiting patients.

msf

I am impressed that such a common sense approach to solving the riddle of ME is being taken in the UK! Here´s to hoping they don´t mess it up!

Please spread the word to anyone at Dr Bansal's Sutton clinic
I'd like to think Dr Bansals clinic would have the wherewithall to inform their patients about this study.
It's odd that a study that has taken years to get off the ground and involved a lot of fundraising would suddenly realise that they don't have enough patients.
One wonders why they restricted themselves to one clinic.

Sasha

Fine, thank you
I'd like to think Dr Bansals clinic would have the wherewithall to inform their patients about this study.
It's odd that a study that has taken years to get off the ground and involved a lot of fundraising would suddenly realise that they don't have enough patients.
One wonders why they restricted themselves to one clinic.

I can't answer any of those questions but they're asking for help, so let's help...

Sasha

Fine, thank you
More info on IiME's FB page now:

IiME said:
The charity has recently met with the UK gut microbiota research team and the phase they are at now is to collect samples from severely ill patients by visiting some in their homes.

Patients have been sampled all through the project once ethical approval had been obtained.

The PhD student is now organising this latest sampling in the most effective way possible.

The patients need to be current patients of Dr Bansal as ethics rules demand that a named doctor is responsible for any patients taking part in research.

Professor Tom Wileman is going to present preliminary results of this research at our BRMEC6 Colloquium and IIMEC11 Conference.

http://www.investinme.eu/IIMEC11-news.shtml

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Hello, can't work out how to PM you but I'm a patient and would like to take part.

Hi Heart Face - I'm nothing to do with the study so it's not me that you need to contact! :)

People can only take part if they're a current patient of Dr Bansal's at the Sutton CFS clinic. If that's you, it's probably best just to phone the clinic.