• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

What is the best facebook group for science-based discussions related to methylation and health?

Can anyone recommend one with detailed fact based discussions? This forum seems really good compared to most facebook groups, just wondered if you guys have a facebook group you all post in too.

CFS_for_19_years

Hoarder of biscuits
As far as I know, Phoenix Rising doesn't have a Facebook group, nor am I aware of any members posting on methylation groups there. Have you tried typing "methylation" in the search bar on Facebook? Several groups appear.

Hip

It is good for news flashes, but hopeless for complex discussions because of the format.

It perhaps depends on whether someone is familiar with Facebook or not. I almost never use Facebook, so I tend to find the layout a bit unfamiliar and confusing.

Plus the Facebook page seems crammed with info in all areas and margins. To my ADHD and brain fogged brain, I find the page very overloaded with stuff — and yet at the same time, it seems to tell you very little! But I do have reading difficulties due to meningitis-induced ADHD.

I thought maybe I just needed to find the right group but I think you guys are probably right that it's just not the right format for a good discussion.

HowToEscape?

The web is a great multiplier of BS and misinformation. The trouble is some of the chatter is partly correct, either by accident or because it bounced off a useful concept at some point.

HowToEscape?

While we're on the topic, is there any ME/CFS online board that stays in the same zip code as science? I really don't want to wade through yakkage about energy crystals, dog hair detox or "it's an NWO conspiracy1111!!" when I'm trying to find some, any scrap of understanding this condition and how to deal with it.

CFS_for_19_years

Hoarder of biscuits
While we're on the topic, is there any ME/CFS online board that stays in the same zip code as science? I really don't want to wade through yakkage about energy crystals, dog hair detox or "it's an NWO conspiracy1111!!" when I'm trying to find some, any scrap of understanding this condition and how to deal with it.

I think this board (PR) stays on point with regards to science and I haven't seen anyone promoting any woo-woo topics here. In fact, if anything, I find a lot of members ask to see scientific evidence for a lot of things, especially when there's a suspicion of someone putting forth an opinion that's not backed up by science.

I see that you've been a member here at PR long enough to make 200+ posts. Were you ever under the impression that PR wasn't a science-based community?

HowToEscape?

It seems to vary by thread. Perhaps by random chance, I'd seen a string of thread which had >50% woo content, and so grew disaffected. I should note that I've been too exhausted / brain fogged to digest information, to participate, except for short term breaks. Gotta sign off now, eyes too heavy.