• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Free Supplements

Hey people,

I'm guessing most of us have cupboards full of supplements that we've only taken one or two pills due to them not working/agreeing with us. My store is now stretched to breaking point and I'd rather give stuff away to people who want to try something than bin it.

So here's my list - if anyone is interested in anything (probably just UK I'm thinking) msg me and I'll send it to you (something to cover postage would be appreciated)

Jarrow Zinc Balance (BBE Sept '17) About 50 caps left
Viridian High 12 B Complex (June '18) About 20 caps
Swanson Yucca (Can't find a sell by date on this but the manufacturing date is June last year) About 75 caps
Swanson L-Ornithine (Same as above) I only took about 5 of these so probably around 50 caps left
Priority One Zinc Orotate (Manufacturing date March '15) About 30 caps

I definitely have more, just need to do a proper spring clean, so it might be worth checking back.

I apologise if this is breaking a million health and safety laws.......

panckage

This is a great idea. I live in Canada and would love to share a bunch of the supplements I have (most from powder city).

Here are most of them: (sorry they still contain personal notes)
Ashwagandha Extract (2.5% Withanolides) - anxiety
Caffeine Anhydrous - with L-Theanine ashwagandha
Choline bitartrate - 500mg noopept headaches
D-Ribose - energy, diarrhea? Take 5g before exercise to avoid pem
DHEA - made from yam or SOY
Kratom
L-Theanine - tea. For anxiety. As needed + caffeine
Melatonin
Noopept - focus, euphoria?
Phenibut
Rhodiola Rosea
Tribulus Terrestris

Firefly_

That's too funny, I was rooting around in my med graveyard tonight looking for something and had the very same thought, but I procrastinate so by the time I got around to posting it, they'd prolly all be dust lol. (Procrastinators Unite...tomorrow)

I'll get my stuff together and submit a list tomorrow or the next day.

Some Nature's Best stuff (UK)

Kelp Extract - 150ug Iodine, expires March '17, almost a full tub
Peppermint Oil Caps - 50mg, expires April '17. About 100 caps left

Probably also have some acidophilus somewhere from the same company. PM if interested

B Complex Plus - Seeking Health, this is the Ben Lynch one WITH mb12 (and adeno12) and folate
Jarrow Methyl B12, 500mcg sublingual cherry flavour

Literally a full bottle minus one or two of both of these up for grabs.

Apparently I can't tolerate methyl donors. Should've just looked at my gene SNPs and saved a lot of money, duh....

Hello to all of you.

I came across this thread as I was searching for information on the Jarrow Formulas brand of Rhodiola rosea, and considering that some of you have offered to pass along some dietary supplements that you're no longer taking to others who might need them, I thought that I'd let you know what my situation is with respect to the Jarrow Formulas brand of Rhodiola.

First, I'll say that I don't think that I have myalgic encephalomyelitis/chronic fatigue syndrome, although I would say that the core symptoms of the health condition that I live with consist of a profound, persistent fatigue or exhaustion with a very significant slowing of my thought processes, excessive sleep, and difficulty waking up in the morning due to my energy levels being far lower than I ever would have though imaginable before the onset of my symptoms. Or at least, this is how I'd describe the core symptoms of my condition when I'm either receiving no treatment or receiving one of the many, many treatment interventions that I've tried that did not reduce the severity of my symptoms in any way (various forms of psychotherapy and some medications fit into this category, with a few medications having helped in the short run but not the long run and probably more medications having seemed to clearly worsen my symptoms).

I've been treated by several different professionals over the last 14 years and have received a few different diagnoses, most of which have pointed toward there being some sort of persistent mood disorder. And, even though I don't think that I have myalgic encephalomyelitis/chronic fatigue syndrome, there are some signs from laboratory tests that I've had done that a chronic infection and/or copper excess might play some sort of role in my condition. Over a span of six years, I had complete blood count (CBC) tests done six times, and all of these times, my white blood cell count came back as being elevated. In addition this, my percentage of "free" non-ceruloplasmin-bound copper came back as being extremely elevated when I had my serum copper and ceruloplasmin levels looked at by a doctor who specializes in orthomolecular psychiatry a few years ago. Testing that was done by the same doctor also found my vitamin D level to be insufficient, and one of the things that I'm doing now treatment wise is supplementing with vitamin D3 to address the insufficiency that I had.

But what brings me here now is the fact that I've been having some success with taking the Jarrow Formulas brand of Rhodiola rosea, along with supplementing with vitamin D3. Or at least I was having success with the Jarrow Rhodiola and still am with what little remains of what I have left from an older batch of the product that expired in May 2014. Unfortunately, I recently ordered a new supply of the Jarrow Rhodiola, and not only did I notice that the way the powder in the capsules looked and the way that the capsules smelled seemed different, but my symptoms also became much worse again within a day of switching to the newer Jarrow Rhodiola product. Not only did the symptoms that I've already described here as being the core symptoms of my condition get worse, but pain that I have in my lower back also became significantly worse. I still had (and have) a small amount of Rhodiola left from the older bottle of the Jarrow product that expired in May 2014, and since switching back to the older, expired version of the Jarrow Rhodiola, my symptoms have been mostly improved again. In addition to trying the newer Jarrow Rhodiola product and switching back to the older product, I've also tried a different brand of Rhodiola, (the Solgar brand, which contains salidrosides), which actually seemed to bring my symptoms to a level that was worse than I'd expect it to be without any Rhodiola. My back pain actually seemed to worsen within minutes of trying that version of Rhodiola. So, I'm once again back to taking what little remains of the old batch of Jarrow Rhodiola, which I'm expecting to run out as of Saturday. I plan on trying a few more Rhodiola brands, but considering how badly things went with the Solgar brand, I'm not at all ready to assume that I'm going to respond favorably to any of those brands.

Considering that it's possible that the older version of the Jarrow Formulas brand of Rhodiola rosea might be a necessary component of my treatment at this time and that some of you have offered to pass along supplements that you've tried but are no longer using, I'm wondering if any of you have some older Rhodiola (and the older, the better) that you'd be willing to send to me. I will pay for both the cost of the product and the shipping if anyone can send me some older Jarrow Rhodiola, and if the product that I receive is indeed the same as the older Jarrow product that I'm about to run out of, I'll pay an additional tip. I'm not sure exactly when the Jarrow Rhodiola was changed, but I can say from having bought a few different bottles of the stuff by now that anything with an expiration date of September 2017 or later is too new. So, if any of you have any Jarrow Rhodiola with an expiration date from before September 2017 (but preferably quite a bit older) that you'd be interested in sending me, please let me know. I only take a fraction of what's in a single capsule of the Jarrow Rhodiola daily, so even just one bottle of the product should last me about a year if I don't let any of the powder from the capsules go to waste. And of course, that's assuming that I do remain responsive to a supplement regimen that includes the Jarrow Rhodiola in the long run.

If you're read all or even some of my post, thank you for taking the time to read what I've written. Even though I don't seem to have the same health condition that most of you have, I wish all of you success on your journeys toward wellness and in your efforts to increase public understanding of myalgic encephalomyelitis/chronic fatigue syndrome. The struggle to help others better understand myalgic encephalomyelitis/chronic fatigue syndrome and to make scientists aware of the need to understand the causes and look for treatments for the condition while also fighting to minimize the impact of your symptoms is something that's undoubtedly difficult, but without question, the goals that all of you are working toward are worthy goals that I hope will one day be fulfilled.

Elderberry

Last edited:
To make a long story short, I've decided that I'd like to take back my request for any older versions of the Jarrow Formulas brand of Rhodiola rosea that any of you might have. So, even if some of you might have been thinking of passing some older Jarrow Rhodiola that you might have along to me, please do not take me up on my previous request, as the request is something that I've decided to take back.

Still, I'd like to thank any of you who might have read any part of the post that I wrote yesterday for listening to me. I'm not sure how much I might use this site going forward, but I wish all of you well in your pursuits of good health, and I thank all of you for having let me post here.

Elderberry

Hi Elderberry, thanks for the interesting post and please excuse my lateness in getting back! I see you've changed your mind about the Jarrow R.R, and I don't have any anyway. Have heard good things about it though. Good luck in your struggle x

I just wanted to post this as it's related to supplements. If you're in the UK (they might ship abroad, I don't know) I've discovered two supp manufacturers who I think are worth recommending:

Cytoplan - they sell 'wholefood/food state' vitamins, which are apparently much easier to absorb. Theirs is the only type of zinc I can tolerate. Their delivery is free over £25 and orders pretty much always arrive the next day https://www.cytoplan.co.uk/

Dolphin Fitness - This company sells supplements and healthfoods SO much cheaper than anywhere else I've found and delivery is free http://www.dolphinfitness.co.uk/

I am absolutely not affiliated to either of these companies in any way - I couldn't care less whether anyone uses them or not :) Just thought it was worth sharing a positive experience

Ok last few supps to go - up for grabs or they go in the bin.

Taurine 500mg - Holland and Barratt, full bottle (I only took one or two)
Methyl B12 Jarrow (sublingual) 500mcg (2/3 full bottle)
NAG Jarrow, 700 mg (same)

CCC

Australians only.

Proxan: A combination of 5HTP, SAMe with a bit of folic acid thrown in. 2 bottles.

PM your address and I'll pop it in the mail.