• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

What's the general protocol for treating Candida?

Does anyone have a good summary of how to treat intestinal overgrowth of Candida using prescription medications, as well as changes in diet and supplements? Thanks!

ukxmrv

SB_1108

I'm currently on the paleo/candida diet and taking nystatin for 20 days, then planning about a week of Diflucan. And maybe a another month of nystatin after that (will see how I feel)...

I'm not taking any supplements other than my multi

Its too soon to say if its all working...

Is it true that, on a day-to-day basis, the anti-fungal agents need to be rotated so that the Candida does not build up a tolerance?

ukxmrv

Is it true that, on a day-to-day basis, the anti-fungal agents need to be rotated so that the Candida does not build up a tolerance?

That wasn't the case for me. However my ME symptoms never improved on anti-candida meds or diet so that may be why. The obvious external fungal infections dis improve however so that makes me think I was doing the right thing but don't know.