• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Oxford peptides.

kangaSue

Has anyone heard of or tried Oxford peptides sold under the company name of BioMolecular Technologies.The peptides are touted as a cure for autoimmune disease by modulating the immune system rather than suppress it but there is scant information around in the public domain and it is marketed with a great deal of secrecy behind it, i.e. only a limited number of doctors can supply i or know about it and you need to sign a non-disclosure document before being taken on as a patient to get a 3 weekly $300+ injection.

I saw it said in another forum that is discussed in forums to do with RA or ME/CFS but there is little coming up searching here which is where I expected to find out all about it.

Jonathan Edwards

"Gibberish"
Has anyone heard of or tried Oxford peptides sold under the company name of BioMolecular Technologies.The peptides are touted as a cure for autoimmune disease by modulating the immune system rather than suppress it but there is scant information around in the public domain and it is marketed with a great deal of secrecy behind it, i.e. only a limited number of doctors can supply i or know about it and you need to sign a non-disclosure document before being taken on as a patient to get a 3 weekly $300+ injection.

I saw it said in another forum that is discussed in forums to do with RA or ME/CFS but there is little coming up searching here which is where I expected to find out all about it.

Are you sure the names are right? There seems to be nothing on the web (except this thread).

kangaSue

Are you sure the names are right? There seems to be nothing on the web (except this thread).
That's my concern, nothing in the public domain and it's only being promoted on a person to person basis.

My only information comes from the contributor drjudy in this forum discussion https://www.inspire.com/groups/auto...n/functional-medicine-and-autoimmune-disease/ which smacks of peddlers of hope and a promise without any disclosure of what type of peptide you might be taking.

Jonathan Edwards

"Gibberish"
That's my concern, nothing in the public domain and it's only being promoted on a person to person basis.

My only information comes from the contributor drjudy in this forum discussion https://www.inspire.com/groups/auto...n/functional-medicine-and-autoimmune-disease/ which smacks of peddlers of hope and a promise without any disclosure of what type of peptide you might be taking.

I wonder if this is garbled. The name Oxford rings alarm bells for me. It sounds as if someone is trying to pretend some link with Oxford University. If there was a link it would be out there on PubMed or at least a department website.

kangaSue

@Jonathan Edwards, Yes, you're quite right, they are just a conference promoter.

Makes even less sense to me now that someone selling peptides as an autoimmune cure would want to mix the name of the product with that of the conference group to call it "Oxford peptides".

Jonathan Edwards

"Gibberish"
@Jonathan Edwards, Yes, you're quite right, they are just a conference promoter.

Makes even less sense to me now that someone selling peptides as an autoimmune cure would want to mix the name of the product with that of the conference group to call it "Oxford peptides".

Everyone selling something wants to mix the name of their product with 'Oxford' or 'Cambridge'. Oxford being the posher of the two, having been established in the twelfth century is usually the choice but Cambridge is a bit more trendy. It makes good marketing sense.