• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Pulmonologist wants to know more about lyme disease

Thinktank

I had a consultation with my pulmonologist yesterday for my yearly lung exam. I told him about my struggle with lyme disease and he seemed genuinely interested to learn more about it. He asked me to bring him some information and my lab results on the next appointment, which is tomorrow. I'm unsure though what to print out because this disease cannot be summarized in a few pages, i want to steer him towards ILADS because i felt like he got his info from the CDC, asking me if i already tried a few weeks of doxycyline and if i had the ELISA+western blot done. :rofl:

Thinktank

@celeste, The radiologist found something in my left lung that looks like a tumor, my pulmonologist however thinks it's fibrosis so the whole appointment was about that, we had no time to discuss lyme unfortunately.

@msf, if it's fibrosis and not a tumor i will personally plant that tick on my radiologist' eye for giving me such a scare.

Gingergrrl

@Thinktank I think I missed part of this story but what led you to the pulmonologist to be checked for fibrosis or tumor? Were you having shortness of breath or other symptoms? Did you have a lung cat scan or other tests? I know we've talked in the past about FQ antibiotic poisoning and is this related to this issue or not at all?

Am curious how you ended up at the pulmonologist and if you had any spirometry/PFT test and if you were able to complete it or pass it? Sorry for all the questions... I could ask a lot more LOL, but will spare you!

msf

@celeste, The radiologist found something in my left lung that looks like a tumor, my pulmonologist however thinks it's fibrosis so the whole appointment was about that, we had no time to discuss lyme unfortunately.

@msf, if it's fibrosis and not a tumor i will personally plant that tick on my radiologist' eye for giving me such a scare.

It sounds a bit stupid when you are talking to someone with ME, but I hope you are okay. I think the guys with the equipment are always a bit eager to diagnose something, I had a liver mri once and the guy wouldn´t rule out some sort of autoimmune thing even though he found nothing.