• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Candida & Biofilms - Theory & Protocol

Gondwanaland

Would you have any more info about that (like a reference)?
I read personal testimonials, and it turned out to be true to both my husband and myself.
I have seen are typically 2 mg per tablet.
Taking 1mg of copper, even with 15mg of zinc caused my adrenals to crash badly. My upper tolerance limit is 600mcg of copper with at least 8mg of zinc. for a few days, or like I am taking now 1x weekly.

Oci

DO YOU WANT TO SELL YOUR EARTHING SHEET?
I read personal testimonials, and it turned out to be true to both my husband and myself.

Taking 1mg of copper, even with 15mg of zinc caused my adrenals to crash badly. My upper tolerance limit is 600mcg of copper with at least 8mg of zinc. for a few days, or like I am taking now 1x weekly.

It seems to me that we should be able to get enough copper in our food. It will depend, of course on our diets.
I would be very cautious about adding a copper supplement. See
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/copper-in-foods-linked-to-alzheimers-disease-risk/

No consensus, of course!

Gondwanaland

It seems to me that we should be able to get enough copper in our food.
I seem to have absorption issues as I get huge (good and bad) effects from tinies amounts of supplements. I have found low doses of copper very beneficial, especially while limiting nut consumption due to oxalates.
What does an "adrenal crash" actually mean in terms of the symptoms you experienced?
I will have to go thru my notes and report back.

Gondwanaland

What does an "adrenal crash" actually mean in terms of the symptoms you experienced?
It was high summer and after taking it I started experiencing "scheduled" strong swings in body temperature (freezing cold at bed time and at 7 AM sharp), insomnia, increased fatigue and PEM, legs and arms especially tired, "scheduled" fatigue in the early evening, back pressure feeling like a "knee against my back" at liver high whenever standing (at dish washing for instance), worsened brain fog, weakened muscles aroung kees when getting up in the middle of the night with increased thirst for extra night time urination.

Last edited:

dannybex

http://mthfr.net/methylation-inhibited-by-candidas-toxin/2012/09/08/
As long as we do not treat candida, we do not methylate very well, and have problems with detoxifying. Adressing candida and methylation must go hand in hand.

This study shows that folates are indeed depleted (cleaved) by acetylaldehyde-generated superoxide. Acetylaldehyde can be a byproduct of not only enthanol/alcohol as in this study, but also candida and other fungal infections:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1135567/

MAF14

I have most of the common CFS symptoms and decided to see if Candida may be an issue for myself. Spent so much money on other supp's I figured why not?

Ordered Candex and Serrapeptase... Only been able to get through the first three pages but these seem to be pretty standard. Thanks for the info so far!

MAF14

Just adding to the thread...

Yesterday took 1/1 Candex/Serrapeptase as soon as I got home from work (thanks amazon for the 1 day shipping), same before bed, same when getting up this morning and same for lunch around 1:30pm.

Still have brain fog but I did not start to get sleepy per usual around 1-230 pm as I have been for the last few months.

Could be placebo but I rarely experience placebo effects as I tend to be skeptical. Also have Larch Tree Arabinogalactan, Bentonite and Bob's Red Mill Potato starch.

Oci

Just adding to the thread...

Yesterday took 1/1 Candex/Serrapeptase as soon as I got home from work (thanks amazon for the 1 day shipping), same before bed, same when getting up this morning and same for lunch around 1:30pm.

Still have brain fog but I did not start to get sleepy per usual around 1-230 pm as I have been for the last few months.

Could be placebo but I rarely experience placebo effects as I tend to be skeptical. Also have Larch Tree Arabinogalactan, Bentonite and Bob's Red Mill Potato starch.
If you have a lot of candida then I would expect you to be having some die off after 4 doses of Candex.

MAF14

Some get die-off from the Candex...ie flu-like symptoms from the die-off of the candida.

Im guessing thats what people have been describing as a "herx reaction"? I have a headache today but that may be because I skipped the morning coffee due to taking a saliva cortisol kit today.

Oci

Im guessing thats what people have been describing as a "herx reaction"? I have a headache today but that may be because I skipped the morning coffee due to taking a saliva cortisol kit today.
Very likely the coffee.

MAF14

Very likely the coffee.

I had coffee today and continued with the Candex. Still have had a mild head ache lasting the majority of the day.

I have Bentonite, RS and Larch Arabinogalactan caps coming today.. Will keep updated progress - if anyone cares haha

MAF14

I had coffee today and continued with the Candex. Still have had a mild head ache lasting the majority of the day.

I have Bentonite, RS and Larch Arabinogalactan caps coming today.. Will keep updated progress - if anyone cares haha

I have been taking the aforementioned supplements and would say my headaches are gone. I do have a certain "feeling" in my head although not a headache. More similar to slight pressure... No other anecdotes to report.

On another note since it seems so many of us experience it, just wanted to put it out there I made a thread in the Cognition forum What Fixed/Aided Your Brain Fog? Please share!

Sidenote: It just took me a solid minute to think of the word "anecdote". Oh well, thought it was ironic/funny

MAF14

I have been taking the aforementioned supplements and would say my headaches are gone. I do have a certain "feeling" in my head although not a headache. More similar to slight pressure... No other anecdotes to report.

On another note since it seems so many of us experience it, just wanted to put it out there I made a thread in the Cognition forum What Fixed/Aided Your Brain Fog? Please share!

Sidenote: It just took me a solid minute to think of the word "anecdote". Oh well, thought it was ironic/funny

Wish I had good news to report but I dont think Candida was too much of an issue for me... I assumed based on a few symptoms (mostly itchy.... end of the line) but I'm not experiencing any die off symptoms or reduction in brain fog.

Guess I'll be exploring other avenues...

MAF14

Wish I had good news to report but I dont think Candida was too much of an issue for me... I assumed based on a few symptoms (mostly itchy.... end of the line) but I'm not experiencing any die off symptoms or reduction in brain fog.

Guess I'll be exploring other avenues...

Right after posting this I looked into a few more symptoms (biggest one having white film on tongue) and changed my mind - forgot to delete.

I feel like I'm the only one posting anything here any more but oh well. Hoping my experiences may help some one else down the road...
I started adding Oregano Oil and Monolaurin to the Candex and Serrapeptase and started getting head aches - maybe a die off symptom?
I've seen more than enough positive reviews for Oregano and monolaurin in treating Candida not to try them. Too soon to say they're making a difference but I'll update when appropriate.

ukxmrv

I got stomach pain from the Oregano and no real response to Monolaurin

Didn't get any real benefits from either

(just adding to let you know that I am reading your messages as well)